Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already done it so if its too late then ooohhhh fawkin well.

my gear box had to be mounted so far forward that a good size chunk out of my core support had to be cut out to make the gear box fit.

I have seen several posts with pics of this but for some fawkin reason I cant find them on here tonight.

Anyway, if I didnt have to remove all of the brace for the body mount am I sacrificing too much strength in that area. We were gonna weld up some type of brace for it if it makes a difference but I thought I would ask.

I didnt know what kind of damage could be done if I was to drop on that side very hard.

Should we go ahead and weld up some type of brace or will it be alright the way it is??

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Without actually seeing pictures of what you did, I'm going to say that you will be fine. A hard hit on a side will do the damage anyway, no need to worry about it. My roll last weekend took out the fender and the front clip, time for tube.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I'm going to do the same to mine. After removing my front clip from the 4runner to use on the Xcab, it's only 40~ spot welds at the cab and two body mounts holding that part on anyway. I don't see how it could be "that" bad. I might replace some of the cut out sheetmetal though just because. Here's VOVA's, I don't have a body lift either, so I assume mine will be worse.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the picture I looked for all god damned night last night and couldnt find it!!!!!!

Every time I would search anything involving axle forward or gear box I would get that pic. Last night, I couldnt find it for anything.

That is also "Exactly" what mine looks like right now.

We were gonna weld a piece from one side to the other on the body mount and a piece from the body mount to the support under the radiator and hopefully get that little bit of strength back if neccessary. If it isnt important then fawk it, I will just leave it be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts