Pirate 4x4 banner

3001 - 3020 of 8397 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
carryover from a myth people believed about the flu. Flu season was generally winter time so people started thinking it didn't do well in warm weather.

More people are inside, with things like central air and in close proximity to each other so yeah, virus could be spread more easily, but it wasn't the actual air temp causing it.
I had the flu in Augest a few years age

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Thanks.

I wonder where that xx degrees rumor(?) is coming from; someone posted that here earlier. Meanwhile Australia is tracking pretty much like every other country, just further behind the curve, and it's in virtually every tropical country:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Its old news no so not sure if accurate. But what I heard early on in the reporting was the hotter and dryer the air the lower the no host lifespan is, 55 degrees and 50% humidity was like days and 80+ degrees and under 30% humidity dropped it to hours. Similar to the flu for its lifespan without a host.

I have no idea if that correct currently or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66,772 Posts
They finally started restricting purchases which I wish they would have done 2 weeks ago.

There's a little bit of that here now. I went into a supply house on Saturday and talked to the 2 guys I always see, so we were bullshiting about the craziness. I saw a stack of toilet paper on the counter, more on the shelf behind me, and asked why it hasn't all sold. Dylan said he only allows one pack per customer. :laughing:

And the grocery stores are limiting hours. 8a to 8p kinda thing. 24hr markets are no more. Can't find bread for shit. Fresh meat and veggies the same. The soup aisle was decimated. I want fresh chicken, can't stand frozen. :(

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I discovered Jesus Oct. of 1980 as a 15y.o. while laying in a hospital bed dying from peritonitis (I was raised Irish Catholic:flipoff2:).

Your a member of the 10% club. Thats what they told my old man when they got him walking the day after colon surgery and a stitch tore. 3-4 weeks in the ICU later and he was ok. But fortunately this happened in a hospital under direct supervision so it was an instant rush to the OR to stop the leak and then weeks of medical induced coma to get better.
Cancer finally overtook him 4.5 years later but thats a lot better than the months tops they gave him.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
There's a little bit of that here now. I went into a supply house on Saturday and talked to the 2 guys I always see, so we were bullshiting about the craziness. I saw a stack of toilet paper on the counter, more on the shelf behind me, and asked why it hasn't all sold. Dylan said he only allows one pack per customer. :laughing:

And the grocery stores are limiting hours. 8a to 8p kinda thing. 24hr markets are no more. Can't find bread for shit. Fresh meat and veggies the same. The soup aisle was decimated. I want fresh chicken, can't stand frozen. :(
Try the Mexican grocery stores. They were fully stocked with fresh and marinated chicken. I grilled some marinated thighs on Friday and I'm still basking in the glow. :laughing:

·
Registered
66,772 Posts
Try the Mexican grocery stores. They were fully stocked with fresh and marinated chicken. I grilled some marinated thighs on Friday and I'm still basking in the glow. :laughing:

They closed an hour before i arrived. :flipoff2:

It's all good. I need to hit the big store before 9a as they now open at 7a. Used to be 24hrs...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

I got 2 chickens from neighbors coop, they are about 4 years old, quick sample a minute ago is they are a little tough

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
Your a member of the 10% club. Thats what they told my old man when they got him walking the day after colon surgery and a stitch tore. 3-4 weeks in the ICU later and he was ok. But fortunately this happened in a hospital under direct supervision so it was an instant rush to the OR to stop the leak and then weeks of medical induced coma to get better.
Cancer finally overtook him 4.5 years later but thats a lot better than the months tops they gave him.

Perforated appendix, here.

The kicker for me was the Navy doctor in Guam didn't/forgot to order antibiotics pre-surgery.

SOP that fell through the crack....:(

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,090 Posts
carryover from a myth people believed about the flu. Flu season was generally winter time so people started thinking it didn't do well in warm weather.

More people are inside, with things like central air and in close proximity to each other so yeah, virus could be spread more easily, but it wasn't the actual air temp causing it.
This is true, however I'd venture to guess if a sick person coughed on their hand, then touched something outside like a door knob in cold weather (say below freezing) that the virus wouldn't live as long on that door handle as it would if it was 75*+.

·
Premium Member
20,128 Posts
This is true, however I'd venture to guess if a sick person coughed on their hand, then touched something outside like a door knob in cold weather (say below freezing) that the virus wouldn't live as long on that door handle as it would if it was 75*+.
Maybe it has tardygraph genes? :)

The thing is, it obviously loves 97 degrees, so... That leaves humidity as a factor.

Harry is correct, it's that in winter people are closer together mostly. The flu is just fine in the summer. Over here it's called "summer flu"... But it's the same bug.

·
Premium Member
22,231 Posts
I had heard that the warm weather will help stop the spread but I can't find anything to back it up so i'm just going to say that an un-named source close to trump said it.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Not a single report of LBGTQIAXYZ contracting the disease. Only M/F reported so far.

Not sure if you have to give, receive, or both to get immunity?

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,090 Posts
This just popped in local blog... Coincidence?

"Congressman DeSaulnier Hospitalized With Pneumonia, Broken Rib

Rep. Mark DeSaulnier, D-Concord, was recently admitted to the hospital with complications from pneumonia and remains in serious but stable condition, his office announced Monday.

According to DeSaulnier’s chief of staff Betsy Arnold Marr, he developed the illness after suffering a fractured rib when he fell while running. DeSaulnier was admitted to the hospital Friday and is expected to remain there for at least the next several days.

“The office operations remain unchanged and staff will continue to serve our constituents,” Arnold Marr said. “We are grateful for your thoughts and well wishes during this time.”

DeSaulnier’s office plans to continue providing updates about his condition as they become available."

Congressman DeSaulnier Hospitalized With Pneumonia, Broken Rib —claycord CLAYCORD.com

3001 - 3020 of 8397 Posts