Pirate 4x4 banner

3661 - 3680 of 8350 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
Germans are running around in parks and sitting around in the Biergarten.
As in the parks are FULL.
Germany is going into lockdown tomorrow afternoon - if people don't "get it" by tomorrow.
Bavaria (Germany's Texans) is worst in that regard.
at least you already have the infrastructure and logistics in place :flipoff2: pretty easy to go from 'museum' to 'in service' :eek:

·
Registered
24,152 Posts
while that is the sales pitch, it won't be the result.

see: the several folks who have responded to this thread saying they have/had or likely had this disease over the past 4 months.

it is out there, it is spreading, we are NOT and were NOT getting the insane 'all at once' doom and gloom numbers.

CA Newsome prediction "without shelter in place, CA will have 25 Million cases in 8 weeks"

that would be over 4 million ICU cases in CA alone. but we already know that it has been traveling around for a while now and didn't overwhelm, it didn't get that wild in China or Iran or Italy where they ran very little control over it. the earlier recommendation of 'keep some distance' was/is still valid.

before these extreme measures have had time to be implemented, the USA is already well behind similar population groups in terms of numbers
Did you have a point?

·
Premium Member
20,128 Posts
I really hate statistics, but some calculation with adjusted death rate is giving me a count of X10 actually infected vs. reported in USA

As in 140.000 infected right now.

^^ completely subjective

·
Wiseguy
53 Posts
But, but #'s %'s and my rights an' stuff.
i guess that is the problem.

i'm plenty happy to have you chose to give away your basic human rights.

why can't you be happy to let others chose to keep theirs? :)
No one to my knowledge has given up or been asked/forced/coerced to give up any basic human rights.
This a time to make decisions for all of us as a country, not as an individual.
Because my concern is with the U.S. citizen as a whole country, you seem to be conerned with the U.S. citzen as an individual.

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
Did you have a point?
yes.

things being done the way they are currently being done is ineffective and being done under overblown hysteria.

instead of saying "hey, looks like we've gone too far" the response will continue to be "we haven't gone far enough, let's keep going".

people shouldn't support that

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
That's what has me wondering.

What will happen with it during the Summer?

Will it mutate in the Fall?

When I went through EMT training we briefly studied the 1918 Spanish Flu.

The second wave/mutation... :eek: :eek: :(
It could mutate into a nothing burger to like the mexican flu so we have a 50/50 chance on which way it goes if it does mutate.

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
No one to my knowledge has given up or been asked/forced/coerced to give up any basic human rights.
Because my concern is with the U.S. citizen as a whole country, you seem to be conerned as with the U.S. citzen as an individual.
well, that explains a bunch then.

1) counties have said "we will not issue weapons permits". this is a rights violation

3) states that control the liquor market are closing access

2) people have been told, "you are not being detained, but you cannot leave your residence"

3) you are not free to engage in commerce, you must have permission for an exemption if you want to stay in business. ex. barbershops in WA face a penalty if they are open today.

4) 'just cause' to stop/interrogate/search you is now simply your being in public in places that have SIP 'orders'

i'm not saying the state is going around and burning people in their homes right now, but if you don't see any rights violations, you are not even looking

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
Your rights doesn’t trump (pun intended) others’.

Rights require responsibility
My being allowed to choose to go outside my home without concern of arbitrary search of my person in no way interferes with your right to stay at home and isolate.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
yes.

things being done the way they are currently being done is ineffective and being done under overblown hysteria.

instead of saying "hey, looks like we've gone too far" the response will continue to be "we haven't gone far enough, let's keep going".

people shouldn't support that
Problem is they're swallowing and saying thank you, may I have another infringement.

·
Wiseguy
53 Posts
Because my concern is with the U.S. citizen as a whole country, you seem to be conerned as with the U.S. citzen as an individual.

1) counties have said "we will not issue weapons permits". this is a rights violation

2) people have been told, "you are not being detained, but you cannot leave your residence"

3) you are not free to engage in commerce, you must have permission for an exemption if you want to stay in business. ex. barbershops in WA face a penalty if they are open today.

4) 'just cause' to stop/interrogate/search you is now simply your being in public in places that have SIP 'orders'

i'm not saying the state is going around and burning people in their homes right now, but if you don't see any rights violations, you are not even looking
Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
Problem is they're swallowing and saying thank you, may I have another infringement.
propaganda is not effective without a supportive populace.

it requires people to stay silent and simply say 'it isn't so bad' just as much as it requires people to say "Everybody who doesn't comply is selfish and wants the country to fail"

·
Registered
570 Posts

You've posted several posts in the past half hour......... I agree with all of them.

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
It could mutate into a nothing burger to like the mexican flu so we have a 50/50 chance on which way it goes if it does mutate.
Absolutely; that's what I'm hoping.

Interesting to note;
if the beer virus mutates into what the 2nd wave Spanish Flu was; having the population in isolation,
like we're doing now, would appear to really help in slowing the spread.

My point: having the country in isolation until March/April/May 2021... :eek: :(

·
Registered
66,761 Posts
People need to watch the final 10 minutes of the 40 minute Spanish Flu YouTube that was posted several pages back.

That segment applies today.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts

Interesting to note;
if the beer virus mutates into what the 2nd wave Spanish Flu was; having the population in isolation,

My point: having the country in isolation until March/April/May 2021... :eek: :(
Perhaps. During the spanish flu SF isolated and kept the first wave out only to catch the second much deadlier wave. It could be argued that had they caught the first wave versus the second alot less would have died but hindsight is always 20/20.

·
Registered
24,152 Posts

Interesting to note;

them founding father dudes were pretty smart

·
Registered
34,274 Posts
Because my concern is with the U.S. citizen as a whole country, you seem to be conerned with the U.S. citzen as an individual.
there can be no free country without the free individual.

·
Wiseguy
53 Posts
there can be no free country without the free individual.
You might want to grab a dictionary and look up the word free.

3661 - 3680 of 8350 Posts