Pirate 4x4 banner

4321 - 4340 of 8397 Posts

·
Registered
66,772 Posts
https://www.10news.com/news/national/coronavirus/youth-dies-of-covid-19-in-california-believed-to-be-first-juvenile-death-in-us

Teen dies of COVID-19 in California, becoming 1st known minor to die from virus in US.

LOS ANGELES COUNTY, Calif. – A teenager has died from COVID-19 in Los Angeles County, becoming the first known juvenile in the United States to die as a result of the new coronavirus.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health announced the teen’s death on Tuesday, saying that it was one of three new deaths in the county from COVID-19.

“Tragically, one of the people who died was a person under the age of 18, a devastating reminder that COVID-19 infects people of all ages,” said Barbara Ferrer, PhD, MPH, MEd, L.A. County Public Health Director.

The teen was from Lancaster.

The other two patients who died were between 50 and 70 years old, according to the department. One was from West Adams and had underlying health conditions. Officials say the other is from a location that is still under investigation.

As of Tuesday, officials say they have identified 662 cases across all areas of L.A. County, including 11 deaths. That includes one new death reported by Long Beach on Monday.

“COVID-19 does not discriminate by age, race or income level, and what we are seeing in places like New York is indicative of what we should prepare to experience here,” said Ferrer. “While Public Health is doing everything possible to mitigate the impact of this disease in our community, we can only flatten the curve if EVERYONE takes social distancing seriously and adheres to all isolation and quarantine orders issued by our Health Officer.”

A tally by Johns Hopkins University shows that more than 2,300 cases of COVID-19 have been reported statewide in California as of Tuesday afternoon, with at least 46 deaths.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the joys of being on the front lines, as it were. hopefully being involved with the hospital means the nurse is/was able to get worked on early in the process without toughing it out for too long at home and they get to head home soon.
She is young too late 20s early 30s. Sounds like it was not from the hospital. She never took care of a confirmed patient

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
This makes sense. The more you read on the CDC and WHO the more you realize their estimates always double or triple, because it's almost impossible to tell who has what on such a large scale.

I remember around New Year's Eve this year, reading the Epoch Times, and they were reporting some serious stuff going down in China around that time. However, countries were not blocking flights from China, or Europe around that time. If this spreads as quickly as it does, there is no way it was contained by travel restrictions in time. No way.

This is like some 12 Monkeys stuff, though. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,329
Is that some British motherfucker that Americans don’t give a shit about?
Or is it the penis piercing?
:laughing: I'd hate to have something so grotesque named after me. I'd sorta like to know how that came about, but then. No I really don't...

·
Premium Member
20,128 Posts
This makes sense. The more you read on the CDC and WHO the more you realize their estimates always double or triple, because it's almost impossible to tell who has what on such a large scale.

I remember around New Year's Eve this year, reading the Epoch Times, and they were reporting some serious stuff going down in China around that time. However, countries were not blocking flights from China, or Europe around that time. If this spreads as quickly as it does, there is no way it was contained by travel restrictions in time. No way.

This is like some 12 Monkeys stuff, though. :flipoff2:
You know when a meme goes viral? Same thing. the virus is "everywhere". Of course it's in the counties that haven't tested anyone yet.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I believe you.

The wife was speaking to our daughter's paediatrician yesterday about something unrelated but of course discussion turned to corona and the Dr is as sure as she can be without a test that we've had it and that was about 4-5weeks ago which would put the infection point some time in early to mid Feb.

Yup 2 buddies are both positive they had it. Doc couldn’t get their pneumonia to clear up with antibiotics. They both toughed it out at home with Tylenol. Both are early 40’s decent health and impersonate carpenters.
This was early, 2nd week?, January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
That is a very stupid decision. And just for the record, the FDA is doing what it can to get hyrdoxychloriquine and the other one on the shelves.

I know a lot of people in Pharma that all say if the FDA wanted to do this it would already be done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I called my physicians office to ask if it’s possible for me to get tested for antibodies which would confirm if I had it or not. She tried to tell me to an active testing facility in the area. When I told her I’m not sick and I think I had it a while ago and it’s possibly been circulating around a lot longer than what is put out there she told me she agreed with that statement. She asked then why do I want to know? I told her well we are shutting down the economy under the false pretense that it was here late feb early March and many more people have had it and gotten over it. She said no one will probably test me because I’m not sick and if I wanted I could leave a message with the nurse so I did. Doubt anything will come of it, but I’m thinking more and more that I actually had it. Talking to a coworker he had a friend that never gets sick and he had exactly the same symptoms right around the same time frame of late Jan early Feb. I’m officially putting my tinfoil hat on.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I called my physicians office to ask if it’s possible for me to get tested for antibodies which would confirm if I had it or not. She tried to tell me to an active testing facility in the area. When I told her I’m not sick and I think I had it a while ago and it’s possibly been circulating around a lot longer than what is put out there she told me she agreed with that statement. She asked then why do I want to know? I told her well we are shutting down the economy under the false pretense that it was here late feb early March and many more people have had it and gotten over it. She said no one will probably test me because I’m not sick and if I wanted I could leave a message with the nurse so I did. Doubt anything will come of it, but I’m thinking more and more that I actually had it. Talking to a coworker he had a friend that never gets sick and he had exactly the same symptoms right around the same time frame of late Jan early Feb. I’m officially putting my tinfoil hat on.
The Guardian is reporting the first case is being dated to November 17th, 2019 in Wuhan China. If you ran numbers to flights in and out of surrounding areas, and question how many infected flew around the world from November to the shut down...it would put the world in even more panic.

Prior to this, people who went to the doctor with these symptoms were most likely treated for the flu or pneumonia, even though test results were negative. Now that it has a name, a test, it's all the sudden scary.

Buddy just told me he thinks he had it this weekend, and went and got tested. Waiting for results. He said his fever never went over 102, felt generally bad, but got over it in 3 days.

The problem is that self quarantine doesn't work if you're contagious 2-3 days prior to showing symptoms. Slowing the spread is a fine idea, but in reality it's damn near impossible. Just with ONE case here, if my buddy contracted it from someone at work, then within a week over 2,700 people have been exposed to some degree. Probably none of them know it.

4321 - 4340 of 8397 Posts