Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a handful of folks who can to chauffeur some Eldorado County VIPs on the Rubicon Trail on Friday, October 5.

This is definitely just a day trip, but is necessary to build some awareness for how the County is spending its grant money, the positive effects FOTR has had on the trail, and the general good health of the majority of the trail.

These particilar VIPs are GAO types (general accounting office, I think?). We may also have two County Supervisors there -- they are the real VIPs, I guess. One of 'em is Jack Sweeney who is definitely an OHV supporter, but I'm not sure if the other will be Bruce Kranz (Placer) or Ron Briggs (El Dorado County District 4 -- the Rubicon is technically in his district).

Randii

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have commits from:
* Randy (randii) - black Amigo: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* Dennis (64YellowTux) - yellow CJ5: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* John (resqme) - Barb's wannabeCJ: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* Jack - silver TJ: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* David (83sleepr) - Toyota truck: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* Aaron (AB04TJ) - TJ on 40s: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* Todd (tb05rubi) - tan Rubicon: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* SteveH (Toyota truck): 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* R&D - ???: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety
* Mike (maniac) - red 4runner: 1 passenger seat, 100% surety

Still possible:
* Ryan (Bear) - blue YJ: 1 passenger seat, ??? surety

Please post up if you can play hookie that day. I'll write a note to your mom, your boss, or your spouse... whatever it takes! :mr-t:

Randii

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
hookie

Randii,
Must admit I've played hookie for far less noble purposes, but girlfriend's nephew is having wedding that night. How far you planning on going in and what time do you figure on getting out? Let me find out what is on dinner menu, just might have to play hookie from wedding too:grinpimp:
Dale

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Schedule is TBD, but I can't imagine they'll stay out past dark. Lunch is also TBD, but I'll pack a sammich for you if it seals the deal! :p Actually, I might be able to bring a BBQ (more on that later). I plan for my dinner to be at a small place you may know -- Robbs Valley Resort?

I hear the bartender does some excellent bar napkin portraits! :D

Randii

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
I hear the bartender does some excellent bar napkin portraits! :D

Randii
Yes she does, and the more you tip her, the less homely you look......
Looks pretty bleak for me making it, found out they're serving excellent grub. Hopefully others can step up. Sheeeet, have tickets for the niner game and can't make the work party either. That said, pimp for the swap meet, its getting better every day.........

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I can't help this time... :( My sister is coming in on that Friday from Mississippi and I haven't seen her in more than 8 years... :eek:

She will however accompany me to the Calrocs event on Oct 6th. I'm Positive she's never seen anything like that before. :D:D

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes she does, and the more you tip her, the less homely you look...
I can't afford to tip as much as it would take for me to look good. :D

I have a bit more info -- the planned meet is 9AM at the Loon Lake Kiosk, and some of the County folks would like to make it to Spider Lake -- we'll play it by ear, based on how far we get.

I'll remind folks about the swap meet tomorrow night at dinner, after the work day.

Randii

·
Registered
776 Posts
I finally got my wife to go otherwise I would be all over that

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I'll see what I can do but I should be able to make it with an open seat..........$$ sucks right now:mad3:

·
Registered
94 Posts
i am available for sure, i would like to make it to spider lake to make the trip worth while. give me all the info and i will be there. i dont think i can make it to the dinner though, i dont care how long the trip takes but i will have to get home when we retruen from spider lake. thanks
david

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
What kind of rigs and experience are you looking for? I'm off work this week and have been through the con only 2x so far with my rubi on 33's.

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We need 4x4s that can run the trail with maybe a strap every now and then -- I'd guess that your Rubi is good enough, and we can put you right behind a similar rig, so that you can follow their tracks.

The most important thing that is needed is a passenger seat!

Randii

·
Registered
43 Posts
Randii,

If you still need seats, I think I can get Friday off and would be happy to help, I coming from the bay area so I would probably head up Thursday night and camp at Loon. Let me know the details and I will be there.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
If you need me I'm in. I love the trail and would like to contribute to the efforts when I can.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts