Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried to search but I keep getting an error page, so if this newbie then I will move it.

'74 Dana 44 Front axle:
I am putting EB axles under my Jeep and I went to take off the passengers side hub off... I have everything out but one thing... I cant even tell you what it is... but on the other side it didnt have it and the hub came right off. This one wont have I took off the ring with the notches that you have to back out. I am at a total lost. I am trying to break it down to put in disk breaks.

'74 Ford 9" Small bearing:
I am searching for new drums... I have found a set at Auto Zone, but they are out of stock... they were the cheapest at $34 ea (but manufactor out of stock?)... everywhere else is around $80 ea.. any suggestions? And master cyclenders. (keeping this is stocl for the time being)

Also, the threads on my rod end bolt. Is there a replacement or do I have to replace that whole section??

Last thing... I need to get new brake cables... the hard lines... where can I get those?

TIA
Stowe

:smokin:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I can't really tell from your explanation what you're missing but both sides should be the same. After you take off the hub lockout mechanism there is a spindle nut, then a lock ring (has holes all the way around and a inner tab that slides into the notch on the spindle to keep it from spinning) then there is another spindle nut (this one has a small pin sticking out of it that goes into one of the holes on the lock ring). After that the hub will come off.

Can't help on the drums--I'm discs all around.

Check BC Broncos for the hard lines and E-brake cables, they have them in extended lengths too: www.bcbroncos.com

HTH,

Dusty

·
Registered
106 Posts
More info

For more info, check out www.broncoholics.com or do a search for classic broncos I think it is www.classicbroncos.com but double check first. As far as replacement hard lines for the brakes, I believe www.inlinetube.com can bend almost anything I think they have like 50,000 patterns available or also check out www.classictube.com they can do the same thing as inline tube but I believe inlinetube has the ability to make anything you could possibly want (custom applications) Hope this helps! Good luck

Chris

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
The hard lines are easy- just go to the auto parts and pick up some brake line of the right size and close length to what you have and bend it yourself at home. It bends easy with your fingers - just don't kink it. Costs about $3 a stick - way cheap and no problem to do.

NAPA online lists the drums for $54 plus shipping.

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...r=15566352&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid=89532864

Auto Zone lists them as "normally in stock" and also available online for either $43 or $34 depending on the size (10 1/2" or 11").

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=loadPage

Hope this helps.

BTW, I have the same axles - and they are for sale.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know anyone at broncograveyard.com ??? just ordered a bunch of stuff from them... could use a discount!! :skull: Me after I tell the wife in the morning!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
buy some hard line at the autoparts, and a $10 brake line bender, and some fittings along with a flange tool. and your set.

Also If your building and EB your wife will either get used to you spending a % of your paycheck or she will leave. either works :D the trick is to save what you can, so you can build what you need.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife doesnt really care as long as the "bills" are paid and her and the kids have what they need.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
rockreligious said:
If your building and EB your wife will either get used to you spending a % of your paycheck or she will leave. either works :D the trick is to save what you can, so you can build what you need.
Better yet let her drive it on the trail a little. My wife was onboard for all sorts of mods after driving my EB. Now I got her convinced that our ground clearance problems will be solved with a set of 40's :grinpimp:

Dusty

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Dusty said:
Better yet let her drive it on the trail a little. My wife was onboard for all sorts of mods after driving my EB. Now I got her convinced that our ground clearance problems will be solved with a set of 40's :grinpimp:

Dusty
I let my wife drive on the scenic/lame trails cause she wont drive anything harder than a 4 rated trail. but I have a friend who let his wife drive last year, and now when we go wheel'n they always fight about who gets to drive. If my wife always wanted to drive I guess it would be ok since we have two rigs.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well... unforuntaly I am not rebuilding an EB... mabe next year. But just as good, I am putting all FORD stuff under my Jeep. Axles, engine, tranny, t-case.

I did toss in an auto for the pure fact that was bargaining tool to make her think that it was a family project!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Stowe said:
Well... unforuntaly I am not rebuilding an EB... mabe next year. But just as good, I am putting all FORD stuff under my Jeep. Axles, engine, tranny, t-case.

I did toss in an auto for the pure fact that was bargaining tool to make her think that it was a family project!
I wont tease you. Im running F150 drivetain under my cjbuggy. only wider axles, and Im running two T-cases.

EB's are cool, but if your gonna ruin a full body, why not just chop up a Jeep.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Dusty said:
Better yet let her drive it on the trail a little.
Dusty
That was the exact strategy I used to get her to TELL ME to do the D-60 swap! Works really well.
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts