Nov 13th Cow Mountain 4X4 Challenge

Cow Mountain Rock/obstacle Course fundraiser

3 SEPARATE CLASSES:

Modified Stock:
35 inch and under tires 1 locker Street legal Stock frame

Advanced Trail:
37 inch and under tires Front and rear lockers Street legal

Unlimited Class:
License or green sticker mandatory anything goes!

This is a day of fun to raise money for the Cow Mountain 4x4 Recreation Area. 100% of all donations will be used to enhance area to improve your future 4-wheeling adventures.

All vehicles will need to send donation of $65 to ensure a spot in one of the three classes. This donation includes entry of the driver and one spotter for each vehicle. The classes will have limited space. Lunch will be provided to participating drivers and spotters- The deadline for entry is October 30. 2004. Please send donation for each vehicle in separate envelope with return address for confirmation. Please make check payable to: Mendocino 4x4 Club. Send to: Attn: Jim Brown. 1102 W. Clay St., Ukiah, CA 95482.

Any questions? Call: (707) 462-9072

Spectators are welcome to join the fun. Any donation to assist in the future of your recreation area would be very much appreciated.

We will see who can claim bragging rights in Northern California!

Tech inspection at 7:30am.Challenge starts at 9:00am.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ill be there with a couple of other rigs. Sounds like fun plus it will help make Cow Moutain a more extreme place to wheel. It would be cool if it was set up more like Hollister. See ya there

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool !! we are going to be putting in a lot of work up there in a couple of weeks to get ready for this fundraiser there is gona be a lot more rock and some diffirent obstacles that we are working on . what I want to have every one think about and remember about this is that we are getting alot of backing into this and if this is a good turn out then next year will be even better.

·
Registered
477 Posts
what is the corses gonna be like, mud ,rock ,dirt i know its probably gonna be a mixture but just tring to get more info.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Man..... That's reaaaal good news for Sonoma, lake, and other sourrounding countys. I'm always happy when I here that the local wheeling area is being improved. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lentzOUTLAWZ4x4 said:
what is the corses gonna be like, mud ,rock ,dirt i know its probably gonna be a mixture but just tring to get more info.
well porob no mud unless it rains LOL. mostly rock, there will also be a couple telephone poles , big concrete blocks,??. we are working with BLM and they are really being great with letting us do diffirent things. If there is a good turn out and BLM sees how many people realy want good wheelin here then who knows maby in a couple years we can out do Hollister.

·
Registered
477 Posts
awesome man, a couple members of my club have talked about cow mountain and its only probably 3-4 away depending on whos driving. Ill bring up the even at my next club meeting and we will try and make our reservations to help out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right on hope to see you there! Just a reminder to all there is a cut off date of OCT 30, and there will be a limit of the number of rigs entered,we hav'nt totaly decided on the number yet but prob 60 rigs.so any concerns about these please contact Jim at the phone number above.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I'm in . Glad to hear it is awn. Where exactly is everything sttin up ? Are we really gonna let Mikey in ? You did not get the 42"s did ya ?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I am sure you know the mountain, it will be at the area of the rock pile by the campground. "red mountain"

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
peesalot said:
your talkin by the little parking lot with the motorcycle unloading dock , right.?
no. If you are talking about the first parking lot it is a couple miles up the road and off to the right. there will be signs/arrows the day of the event to make sure everyone get's there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was asked about tec inspection all we are going to look for is : roll cage/bar, seat belt, current registration or green sticker.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great to hear!, and thanks for taking the time to make it better.
Wheeling there is a bit on the dull side, this should be fun.
Will be there with 2 rigs.

·
Registered
477 Posts
how much of a cage would be needed for a 85 crewcab ford with a 117inch wheel base

·
Registered
477 Posts
no seriously id hate to drive down 4 hrs to compete and not have enough cage/roll bar

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no seriously id hate to drive down 4 hrs to compete and not have enough cage/roll bar
well I am serious, what do you have, is your hard top still there do you have a hoop in cab or behind ? I will have do ask Jim about it when you answer or you can call him yourself and ask.and i don't blame you for wanting to find out before hand
noclinkers said:
That post looks alot like the one I typed? :D
yea I 'm sure it does but it also looks alot like the flyer that I made up :D (by the way thanks for saving my fingers from typin all that)

1 - 20 of 308 Posts