Y
YooperYota
·Registered
Joined Nov 15, 2015
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · Dec 4, 2017

2manyprojects said:
When trying to scan, was the key in the run position?

Also, double check fuses. There should be a +12 volt wire on the obd2 port. If it's not there, you're are not reading anything.
cryptic toy said:
If you find out the brand of the remote starter and look up the wiring install instructions you maybe able to narrow down as to what that thing controls.
That's a good call, I'll take a look.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"All you need is an angle grinder and a dream" - Bilbobaggenz
"Hip Hya" - Dirty Dan

Reply Quote
N
NOODLES
·Registered
Joined Feb 1, 2001
·
11,766 Posts
#23 · Dec 4, 2017

Run a tester on the fuel injector harness. Both wires will be 12v +. One wire will turn 12v - I use a led light from one of those accent light kits. Just remember it is a diode, so only works one way in most cases.

Another tester i have is an efi quick probe. It feels the pulses of the injectors when the probe is pressed against it and flashes a led light along with an audible noise.

Cam sensor will tell the injectors to fire. If there is a connection problem between the distributor and the computer, this could caise an issue as well. Spark but no injecor pulse.

Reply Quote
Y
YooperYota
·Registered
Joined Nov 15, 2015
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · Dec 5, 2017

Based on the FSM resistance spec the cps seems fine... Is there a good chance it could be bad and still be within spec?

Also, I thought the 3.4 didn't have a distributor???

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"All you need is an angle grinder and a dream" - Bilbobaggenz
"Hip Hya" - Dirty Dan

Reply Quote

[IMG alt="yotee"]https://www.pirate4x4.com/d1/avatars/m/20/20027.jpg?1589875839[/IMG]
yotee
·popeye
Joined May 30, 2003
·
5,208 Posts
#25 · Dec 5, 2017

YooperYota said:
Also, I thought the 3.4 didn't have a distributor???
others would be able to answer better than I but, i have never seen a 3.4 with a dizzy. do you have pics?

DozerDan;43926698 said:
Its a jeep, sand it with a brick- paint it with a broom

Reply Quote
N
NOODLES
·Registered
Joined Feb 1, 2001
·
11,766 Posts
#26 · Dec 5, 2017 (Edited)

yotee said:
others would be able to answer better than I but, i have never seen a 3.4 with a dizzy. do you have pics?
They don't. I was just thinking about other issues I have ran into with 3.0 and 2.4.

I would get something on the injectors and check for pulse. if you have pressure, pulse and spark, you could possibly have a bad fuel hose flapping shut.

Reply Quote
[IMG alt="Toy97"]https://www.pirate4x4.com/d1/avatars/m/923/923082.jpg?1673996516[/IMG]
Toy97
·Registered
Joined a moment ago
·
2 Posts
#27 · a moment ago

Hey guys... new guy on the block.. I have 97 t 3.4 I'm having similar issues Mines was running good. When into a store left it running (10mins) came back and it wasn't running anymore.. skip threw the store a little after a few times of it dieing on me while driving. Got it running but I could only drive about 30 mph. Give it Gass and it would lunge really bad.. come to find out it would only run when the flashers where on..

I went to pull it in a shop at my work with the flashers going and it just died and haven't started since... now here is what I have done.. replaced fuel pump,cam sensor efi relay under hood,relay behind glove box, will be getting fuel pressure regulator in a few days... I have also check fuel rail pluses. I am getting pluses I checked for fuel at the filter. And cranked as it was open seemed to be pushing fuel.. I also cracked both lines at the fuel rail when cranking... nothing was coming out..I'm 400 deep into this now I don't know what els to do plz help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts