Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my serpentine setup I pulled from a 99 vortec 454 onto my 82 454 engine. Got everything all worked out except the crank pulley. The new serp pulley had a smaller hub/lip that fit into the balancer and when I bolted it on its not centered and can see it wobbling down there. It lines up with the belt perfectly, just apparently need one with a bigger hub/lip. It is about 7.5" in diameter and the inside of pulley sticks about 2.25" from balancer and the outside of pulley stick about 3.5" away from the balancer. I'm not certain of the hub/lip diameter on the serp pulley but my old v-belt crank pulley has a 2.25" hub/lip. Does anyone know where to get the correct pulley to fit my balancer or is there an adapter or anything? The engine I pulled the parts off is 70 miles away and the pain in the ass it would be to swap balancers would seriously suck, it was hard enough to swap pulleys.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I have one off of an '88 454.It is the style that has the serp on the Alternator only.Then a V belt for the rest.I can get measurements and pics if you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts