Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
OH yeah, and what is with that :rainbow: blue anodizing. Next thing you know, you will anodize those hummer beadlocks.

Billster

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you mean crawlin walls is not cool. Thats what we do here in the big city. Its called urban crawlin

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
gee do I since a little box envy?

I agree on the color though, it needs to be RED. :flipoff2:

Makes me want a lt230!

j

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
BTW, without having to do a search, where did you find that little toy and did it take long to install (I assume you dropped the t-case to install it). Tell us more...:D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, the source is a secret for now, but I will tell you that it is an older gen 1 box originally from ashcroft of course. It just so happend that I was at the right place at the right time.

Anyway, I did not remove the T-case to install the box. It took me about 2hr's to install it but I could do it in 1 now that I know how its done. Its a really easy install if you have pulled the t-case before.

Acording to my pre school math, I now have a 91:1 crawl ratio without the torque converter, and with it, I think it should be 163:1 or something like that. All i know is that is Goes!!! Hopefully I will get to try it out in a few weeks.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
KC,

I know you know what you're doing...but in regards to climbing walls I have seen with my own eyes the following:

Cooper was climbing a wall (in much the same fashion as you did), with his 38 inch boggers in Portland about a year ago.

His Saginaw PS box blew up when he started climbing the wall.

Don't know the exact reason, or what to tell you not to do, just kind of a heads up. I'd hate to see you shatter a Rover PS box in the name of wall-crawlin'.

Now...on a trail, that's another scenario entirely.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I wont comment on Tim, but I have Gone up many a wall in the past, even telephone poles, with zero problems. There is no reason for a PS box to blow due to a wall climb. Your more likely to blow it hitting a curb or running a hard core trail. Thanks for the heads up though. ;)

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Yeah, I think he was trying to turn while going up the wall and maybe his tire got jammed or something.

Maybe it's better to just shuddup on this thread too.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love seeing your posts mike keep em coming. And yea, he was probably trying to steer to much. You really jsut need to let the truck do its thing, and let if go. Just hold the wheel straight as long as it does not fight back to much.

Ahh, the art of wall climbin. Nothing beats a good day of wheeling, except a nice wall climb outside the shop.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Puffdragon said:

Acording to my pre school math, I now have a 91:1 crawl ratio without the torque converter, and with it, I think it should be 163:1 or something like that. All i know is that is Goes!!! Hopefully I will get to try it out in a few weeks.
Hey KC, are you running 4.11's or 4.75's ? Also, my underdrive is a generation one, when I first put it on it leaked like a sieve! I had to take it apart and "right stuff" the KRAP out of it! Does yours not leak at all :confused:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ahve 4.11's and so far it has not leaked. But I knew to right stuff the crap out of it to begin with.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts