Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its looking like there is a good chance that I will be moving to NY (albany area). I own a 65 fj40 full width 38s and i was just wondering if there gona be anywhere around that I can take it out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just take er out in central park:flipoff2::laughing::flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Stay in CA or sell it. Seriously. There is nowhere near albany to take it except your backyard. Closest place is Raucsh Creek and you're looking at a 6-7 hr drive at least.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Best bet is to join a club. There is some decent wheeling in NY and more in MA which is only a couple hour drive depending where you are headed. Clubs in the area: Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Adirondack Jeeps, Rok Freekz.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
If I won the lottery, I'd buy a couple thousand acres on Tug Hill and build a park and move back home. :smokin: Bring money into the area during the summer months. There's some awesome terrain there, just needs utilized.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Theres tons of good wheeling in that area. You will just have to get involved in the clubs and the community.

The clubs listed above are a start. There is also great wheeling in New England.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Before you go and sell your rig, you should look into http://www.rok-freekz.com alot of the guys on there are from that area, and they have found places to wheel.
X2, i agree. There are places to wheel but as said join some clubs. Some clubs are pavement pounders and some acually wheel. The trails that my club runs are quite agressive and help keep our trucks in tune for RC. RC is still better wheeling but it also different terrain. At RC you have traction, here all the rocks are smooth and have moss/mud.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
I'm wheeling a lot on my dirt bike and there are loads of areas in NY, NJ and PA where I see truck tire tracks (and makes me miss my trucks!)...am sure you can find a place/club to wheel...+ snow wheeling is mandatory for ~33% of the year :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
I lived in Cobleskill for about a year. We found a few places to wheel (legal). There were not many. The more people I met, the more places I found to go. There are always places to go, just have to find them!

·
Registered
667 Posts
There is also a few people looking at large pieces of land for wheeling opportunities in and around the Albany area.:D

This should hapeen in the next 6 months to a year and a half.:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
X2, i agree. There are places to wheel but as said join some clubs. Some clubs are pavement pounders and some acually wheel. The trails that my club runs are quite agressive and help keep our trucks in tune for RC. RC is still better wheeling but it also different terrain. At RC you have traction, here all the rocks are smooth and have moss/mud.
lol theres a familiar face hahahah

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
This is the guy you want to keep in touch with when you get here for good.

If you want hardcore rigs and a no nonsense group of people, talk to Paul (woodchuck2) or Doug (koolk10). This is the kind of group that will go out of there way to make sure you have a good day of wheeling, and shit ton of laughs to boot.

If you are a pussy and want to baby your shit, then I am sure there are people not too far away that will take you under their wing.:laughing:

·
Registered
428 Posts
This is the guy you want to keep in touch with when you get here for good.

If you want hardcore rigs and a no nonsense group of people, talk to Paul (woodchuck2) or Doug (koolk10). This is the kind of group that will go out of there way to make sure you have a good day of wheeling, and shit ton of laughs to boot.

If you are a pussy and want to baby your shit, then I am sure there are people not too far away that will take you under their wing.:laughing:
I live w/in 1/2 hr of both of them, and they both are real wheelers! well, anything to me is that.....still rigless :laughing::shaking:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I will be rigless very soon myself.:(
Bull shit,get your ass in gear and put the pos together:flipoff2: and x2 on the wood eater and kool 10. I know form experiance. My site has pics.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Bull shit,get your ass in gear and put the pos together:flipoff2: and x2 on the wood eater and kool 10. I know form experiance. My site has pics.
I am working on it there hippie!! I hope to have the money for my axles by the end of the week, so the coilovers will be here soon.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts