Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Sunday, some friends and I took the RZR's down to the Springs....Lunch and a swim.

Both activities went well when around 3:45PM, to our backs in Tahoe it got BLACK.

We decided to take off...so we packed up. Boomers were going off...but the ride up Cadillac was dry and uneventful. Around Barker Pass, suddenly it was pouring BIG FAT COLD rain drops. They were so big and fat...the dust would plume, like bullets hitting the ground...kinda neat.

We got to Miller Lake and the scenery change....mother nature unloaded.

This doesn't do it justice....the hail was about 2" thick...and there were hundreds of deep puddles, covered with floating ice....so you couldn't tell when you'd be on road or water. Yes...we were soaked in our swim clothes...so it didn't really matter...so cold and BONSAI back to the car.

And yes...you could make a substantial snowball

One of the craziest days I've ever had...swim and ice in about 30 minutes. When I got to Tahoma to visit my friend and throw our clothes in the dryer....he and his wife said it was the most violent hail storm they'd ever seen in 20 years. I saw the doppler, and the cell was moving south to north right along the lake...which explains why it was DRY, WET and ICE as we went East.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Wow! We were up at south lake all weekend long. Saw the clouds come in and got the big fat rain drops there too. Bit no snow. I don't think it dropped below 70* at south lake. Crazy weather for sure. Hopefully we get more if it :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
That is awesome. Weather up there is so random and if you are prepared for it, its actually pretty enjoyable. I was up there at the end of June. We had planned one day of complete downtime and as luck had it, we got rained on pretty much all day long that day at Buck Island Lake. We tarped the rigs and built a little tarp structure, hung around wishing we could have a camp fire, and still had a good time. It cleared up for our trip out and it was as if the rain had never happened.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Weather this whole season on the Rubicon has been weird...more storms, more severe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts