Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I finally got the rear bumper done! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out:

Now I need to get working on the front bumper... I kinda doubt it will be done in time for Cruisin' the Woods this year, but we will see.

On a completely unrelated note, I did pick up a new commuter for me! 2019 Yamaha MT-07... It's been a lot of fun so far.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well Cruisin' the Woods is this weekend and I didn't get quite as much done on the truck as I hoped. But, it is as good as it is going to get!

I had a few buddies come over for a long Saturday to help me with the front bumper. Everything is cut and ready to be welded up, but I ran out of shielding gas. Luckily we were able to get the center winch mount finished, so I painted it up, mounted the winch, trimmed the grill to make it fit, and called it good enough:

All in all, I'm super stoked how it came out. The wings are super bad ass, but you will have to wait to see that. I am very grateful for good friends that were willing to help me with figuring everything out!

So yeah, Cruisin' the Woods this weekend out in Tillamook State Forest. Pre-registration is closed, but you can still sign up day of. If you are in the PNW, I really hope to see you up there! Here are all the details: Cruisin' the Woods 2019 - Kickin it Old Skool

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Quick update: Cruisin the Woods was awesome as usually. If you haven't been, it definitely needs to be to be on your radar for next year. The truck worked great except for breaking a birf on the Friday run. When I bought the truck, I was told the front axle was fully built with RCV's. Not only did it not have RCV's (just stock birfs / shafts), it also had no grease... Or inner axle seal. I really would like to kick the PO in the shin, but what's done is done...

Starting October 1st I started my own insurance agency, so I have been super busy! I will also be super broke for a while, so I'm not sure when I will be able to fix the truck. A buddy of mine was awesome enough to help me with the trail repair and offer up his used stock shaft and birf! I really want to get some RCVs in there, but I may have to go the stock route for now and do everything twice... :banghead: I guess we will see what happens.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Quick update: Cruisin the Woods was awesome as usually. If you haven't been, it definitely needs to be to be on your radar for next year. The truck worked great except for breaking a birf on the Friday run. When I bought the truck, I was told the front axle was fully built with RCV's. Not only did it not have RCV's (just stock birfs / shafts), it also had no grease... Or inner axle seal. I really would like to kick the PO in the shin, but what's done is done...

Starting October 1st I started my own insurance agency, so I have been super busy! I will also be super broke for a while, so I'm not sure when I will be able to fix the truck. A buddy of mine was awesome enough to help me with the trail repair and offer up his used stock shaft and birf! I really want to get some RCVs in there, but I may have to go the stock route for now and do everything twice... :banghead: I guess we will see what happens.
I have a complete set of stock birfs, if you ever make it up to the Vancouver/battle ground area there all yours. There a bit dirty but should work just fine

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I have a complete set of stock birfs, if you ever make it up to the Vancouver/battle ground area there all yours. There a bit dirty but should work just fine
That is awesome! Thank you so much for the offer. I hopefully will be selling a car today, which will give me the money for RCV's. If it falls through, I will get in touch with you next week and pick them up.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is awesome! Thank you so much for the offer. I hopefully will be selling a car today, which will give me the money for RCV's. If it falls through, I will get in touch with you next week and pick them up.

Thanks again!
No problem, would rather see them go to use then rot away or get scrapped

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well the Rover sold, so I will be getting some 30-spline chromoly shafts and birfs. I know RCV's can't be beat with the 300m star and warrenty, but I'm really tempted to save a couple hundred and get Marlin's made by Empi... They are on sale right now for stupid cheap.

This truck will never be on anything bigger than 37's, so I think I can get by with the Marlins. What do you guys think?

61 - 80 of 92 Posts