Pirate 4x4 banner
121 - 140 of 246 Posts
just so you know there is a hybrid roots style supercharger avalible for that motor that gives the stocker just under 500 hp. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Sorry for the hijack, but please tell me more... Who sells it? What kind of mods are needed? (Thinking for the tow rig :D)

Discussion starter · #129 ·
Nope too busy with school. Finals are in a week and a half then maybe I will have time to do something. I'm not going to deal with the fuel tank for a while. Right now the plan is to just run a fuel cell in the bed. Nothing special really.

I had a longbed K10 on 38s. I swapped in a suburban tank after smashing in the saddle bag tanks. I decided on that rather than a fuel cell in the bed because I didn't want to lose any space in the bed. I used all factory crossmembers out of the 'burb and added a new filler neck and door. It looked better than it needed to on the truck. It would be something to do while you're waiting on funds or better weather.

I'll look for pics of the tank install. I'm sure you don't need em though. You've got plenty of skillz to figure it out.

Looks good, keep it up, merry xmas.

Stumbled across this Blazer gas tank install, Suburban tank is the same. This would be a good factory GM gas tank ( carburated or fuel injected ) install for you guys with a crew cab "extra" short bed. I did the exact same thing on a 70 Chevy long bed I had with the 31 gallon tank out of a Suburban.

Click on the site, go to "How-To Projects" & then click on "Blazer tank How-to".
http://www.captkaoscustoms.com/suicidal.html

Big tires won't stuff in a Chevy wheel well, so a lot of people go silly tall suspension lift or body lift to clear sheet metal. Glad to hear you're considering wheel well modifications.

If you're waiting on money, things like stretching the wheel wells will keep you busy without any cash outlay! :grinpimp:

big tires wont fit a chevy? :shaking::shaking:well to get around it most guys are running the super tall lift like me 4" to clear 39.5's

big tires wont fit a chevy? :shaking::shaking:well to get around it most guys are running the super tall lift like me 4" to clear 39.5's
4.5" and 42s for me :grinpimp:

121 - 140 of 246 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.