Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I pulled the front clip off to install the motor last night. Should have it all back together by this next weekend.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
On the tank Make sure you get a tank from a 87-91. It has baffles in it that the carb tanks don't have and it keep the fuel around the pump better.

·
Registered
356 Posts
the build looks great so far, cant wait to see the finished product
for you or any of the other guys doing a crew sab super short bed: aside from the CC frame, what other frames will the body drop onto without channeling like you had to do?

·
Banned
267 Posts
you could try getting a gas tank from a newer 2 door tahoe or blazer. i just did a fuel pump on my buddies '97 fuel psi is 55-62. that way you could just use the stock tank/pumd and wouldn't have to fab anything

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
went to the JY this afternoon and picked up the fuel pump from the truck I got the motor out of. also got a 91 suburban tank and sendingunit and pump. I've got some things I am going to try with the combo. Only $50 for all 3 of them. We'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Got my wiring harness back from Jim's Performance.

All laid out on the floor

He ended up having to do a lot of work to it. He removed nearly half the wiring from the harness.

Jim had to completely remove the Allison TCM and all the wiring. Then had to re-pin the plug for the ECM to accept the 4l80E. He labels EVERY plug so you know exactly where it goes. Even the ground wire are labeled "ground"

He even had me send him my pedal and TAC module to make sure it was working correctly with the ECM

He is very thorough and was in contact with me the entire time on what was going on, on almost a daily basis. Very good guy to deal with.

Now hopefully I can get this thing fired up soon.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
wow that guy does some nice work!!!! what did you pay for everything there dude after he was done sifting through it all??

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #173

Got this. So the truck basically hasnt been touched in a while. Been too busy with work, going out of town, riding, etc. I'm Going to try to get started on it in the next week or so I hope. I need it out of my garage so I have room for my bike.:D

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
hijack, when did Duc start making an 800 series sportbike?? for a long time there was a 748 and its predecessors and 916-948-996 or whatever the new stuff is... nice looking bike... i would ride instead of wrench also...:smokin:

·
Registered
2,816 Posts

Got this. So the truck basically hasnt been touched in a while. Been too busy with work, going out of town, riding, etc. I'm Going to try to get started on it in the next week or so I hope. I need it out of my garage so I have room for my bike.:D
oh, that's pretty.......

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
The 848 has replaced the 748 from my understanding. The 848 is brand new for '08.
odin, i see your in kennewick. if ya ever get that racebike up to seattle area, shoot me a pm, go for a ride, i havent seen an 848 in person yet:smokin: just got my Two bro's carbon :evil:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
So I am finally sick and tired of this damn truck just sitting in my driveway or garage. So I decided to get my ass busy on it again. We pulled the bed off the other night so I can get the fuel tank mounted. I'm waiting on the new tank straps to show up friday. I need to move around some crossmembers in the mean time though. Also ordered seat brackets from Brent @ Trail Works. Awsome guy to deal with. I will try and get some pics taken as I get some progress made.

Here is something to look at in the mean time:grinpimp:

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Maybe a recap and some current pics would ease our dissappointment for the last few months, slacker:flipoff2:

161 - 180 of 246 Posts