Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything about these honda's? I have read several good reviews on this bike and nothing really bad. I know the bike doesn' have ton of power, but I'm pretty light (100lbs) so the weight ratio would be pretty good. I'm just gonna be doing trail and badlands riding, nothing comptetive though. Any feedback on this bike??

·
Registered
730 Posts
saw one when i was out riding today it got my attention when i herd an electric start (didnt no they had one) anyway he was with a guy on a cr 250 and the 230 was fast as hell on just trail riding and this was atleast a 200# guy , didnt look like it had alot of suspension but was quick looking, also it sat a little lower and would be easier for shorter people to ride

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what I was mostly wondering about was the suspension, but I suppose with my light weight it would take quite a bit to bottom it out.

The only thing I don't like, now that you emtnion it is the electric start only. I like kickstarting bikes. Or atleast having the backup option.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Have you ridden much?
At 100lbs, most stock suspensions are going to feel a bit stiff.
In the 125cc 2-stroke, or 250 4-stroke range, they valve/spring the suspension for a person in the 150lb range.

I’ve been considering this bike as well, and it looks like there will be a 250 version as well. Come on 300 :D

I’m at about 180lb right now and I’m doing my best to get back down to about 165lbs. If I do, then I’ll take a long look at the 250.

I'm undecided on the electric start option. I'd love to have it, but there is a little birdie on my shoulder that doesn't like the idea of dumping it in a ravine without a kick-start back up. If I buy a 400, then I will most likely choose one with e-start. I have short legs and I’m getting old and lazy. :D I think for every day kind of riding it would be ok.

If you get one I’d love to hear about it.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have ridden before. Not thing really huge but enough to get a tons of leaning how to ride in on. Rode honda trail 90's for about five years. Fun little bikes....

So would there be any way to soften up the suspension if needed? I read some where the forks, etc are not adjustable or something like that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
u could but a lighter oil and softer spring in the forks to soften them up but i wouldnt worry about that untill you ride one it might be just fine:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Sorry if I gave the impression that you wouldn't enjoy the bike stock, but someone referred to it as a small bike w/o a lot of suspension.

At 100 lbs you'd have to be pretty hard-core before you saw the bump stops.

There are tons of places that will help you with the suspension, but if you last bike was a trail 90, then this bike will be........

dang there is no comparison. :D Like snack shack sad, ride it first.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah will do....and why do I have the feeling this bike will probably kick the shit out of me. Oh well. :D :D

I know it's sort of stupid to be asking questions like this but we don't have a local track where I can ask to try one out (atleast that I know of) nor do I know anyone to let me try one out. And the the dealership where I'm going to school really sucks, so there's not alot of ways to get info about these things. Thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts