Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with a Crimson Trace Lasergrip for for a Beretta 92/96? Thinking of purchasing one and wanted some "real world" feedback before I plunked down the cash.

Easily adjustable windage and elevation?

Does it add a significant amount of thickness to the grip?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
there are a lot of them out there now used and like new condition. A bunch were bought by units for the wars and have discontinued use do to giving away your position.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
I took a SW revolver on trade that had Crimson Trace grips. It wasn't like the laser sights in The Terminator or Cobra...there was no "line" between the gun and the target. During low light/night time, I could see a bright red dot with splashing around it wherever I aimed. In my opinion, the laser on CT grips isn't very intense past 50' or so. I kept the pistol and put the grips on GB.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Laser sights

Crimson Trace are the only sights authorized by the Los Angeles county sheriff. I use tritium night sights but also have a flashlight/red laser unit for a daily use H&K usp. Also have a Beretta 92 with night sights. A laser works good when you have a target that responds to commands. Been a patrol cop over twenty years so I think that gives me some say..............Make sure you can acquire and retain the target in your sights without anything but your blade/ factory sights. My rear sight blade is slightly wide so I can see daylight on both sides of my front sight for target acquisition ..................

·
III
28,132 Posts
Crimson Trace are the only sights authorized by the Los Angeles county sheriff. I use tritium night sights but also have a flashlight/red laser unit for a daily use H&K usp. Also have a Beretta 92 with night sights. A laser works good when you have a target that responds to commands. Been a patrol cop over twenty years so I think that gives me some say..............Make sure you can acquire and retain the target in your sights without anything but your blade/ factory sights. My rear sight blade is slightly wide so I can see daylight on both sides of my front sight for target acquisition ..................
Yeah, I interact with LASD on a daily basis and sell to a few. I wish I could count how many barely know which end to point at the suspect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts