Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the start, don't have a whole lotta time to work on it right now, but i'll get a lot done at the begining of next week, but this is what i got done this weekend

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
I would suggest lots more lateral supports. and some triangulation.

Though i have yet to build my cage i have done a large amount of studying them and even discussed them in detail with some mech eng professors and shop staff.

I would have run the loops from side to side not front to back.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I kicked the bars forward under the dash to help in getting my feet out on my cage. I will do the side rails like you did yours next time because it sure hepls slide alond the rocks and trees allot better than hoops do. Good start but what is with the rack in the back? Where is the icechest going to go?

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
I think it looks really good. I like the fact that you didn't follow convential lines of a jeep for the cage. I think its cool.. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Scott

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
obviously i haven't even come close to being finished, there will be plenty of triangulation in there, got some pretty good ideas for it

the rack off the back is goin to be cut off, and the rack behind the seats is the gas tank house, that's where the cooler/tools/any other crap i can fit in there will be

thanks for the compliments, any other problems you may see in this, please let me know, this is my first one, so i'm open to educated advice (ie. someone who has done thier own cage/built other cages and know about it)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts