Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would having crossdrillled rotors help out in slow speed rockcrawling situations? I am going to rear discs soon, and am considering having the rotors crossdrilled. What do yall think?

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Cross drilled rotors are designed for high heat situations. Road racing, auto cross, stuff like that. They are of no use to a rock crawler. You also need to remember that they CANNOT be resurfaced, only replaced.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
that not the pirate attitued...what about the Bling Bling factor?

i cross drilled my own rotors for shits and grins, they worked really well and stopping big tires without fade. hell when dana 44 rotors are as cheap as they are i say do it...make your own. i would not pay for them though.

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
Actually

I've heard of companies slotting the braking surface of drums to assist in high speed applications.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
fcfred said:
what you really should do is just crossdrill your drums
that is where it's at!
ummm oldschool saltlake racers and such used to do that for the same reason that you cross drill disk rotors:flipoff2:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Fullreversal said:
Would having crossdrillled rotors help out in slow speed rockcrawling situations? I am going to rear discs soon, and am considering having the rotors crossdrilled. What do yall think?

there great in for being a gay ricer situations

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Fullreversal said:

If you drive your truck to the trail and drive it around town or at any speed it might make a difference there.

But off road.... Come awn...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Cross drilled no benefit in crawlin, but I have slotted rotors and do notice a benefit offroad as the give a channel for the dust and mud to get out from in between the brake pad and rotor surface. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts