Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dabbler
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than having to take 2 creative bypasses at Crozet do to the width of narrow "jeepcut" trails-the HMMWV did extremely well. A minor hood scar, fording tube and rocker dings. I ran my re-centered 8 lugs on 38.5" boggers with cut down beadlocks at 10 PSI and they dug well. I got hung up on the rear A arms twice-but managed to jack-and-rock my way out with some effort on Pete's Demise. Great bunch of people and beautiful camping Friday night. They had everything from Jeeps rollin on 31's to comp style buggies. The trails are narrow and you have to get creative with a wide wheelbase and do lots of 5 point turns.

·
Dabbler
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just outside of Charlottesville VA. Not much water there today....I still have to tie in some vent lines to complete the kit since a recent tranny rebuild-it will still do well splashing in and out but you would not want it submerged as it sits right now.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Crozet is a great place to wheel if you can get in... It's got some challenging stuff even for comp buggys. We used to go out there for practice now and then...

Actionpaintball, why u runnin' one tire backwards?

·
Dabbler
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good catch! One leaking o-ring (2 piece wheels) in the morning before hitting the trail and airing down-had to throw my spare on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts