Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was rumagin' through old photos last night and came accross a million pics from my second trip to moab where we happened to hit Cruise Moab. It was CM99. Yep, quite some time ago. Anyway, I remember seein' this FJ45 down there and then seein' the same one (I believe it was the same one) around Salt Lake City. Anyway, just wonderin' if anybody knew whose it is/was and where it is nowadays. And also, what would this officially be titled? It looks to be a FJ45 SWB, but the body seems to be all one piece--you know, not a cab and bed...Is it a FJ45 SWB Troopy? I know there was 43/44/46 series in other countries, but they all seem to be a little shorter than this appears to be... Or maybe it is custom built? I am wonderin' because I love it. I gotta have one.

http://www.burgoyne.com/pages/ferguson/images/FJ45_SWB_troopy_tan.jpg

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Ben, I already replied to this post on the LCML, but for other here that might be curious, that truck is owned by Darryl Noorda, former owner of Cruiser Outfitters, which is now owned by Kurt Williams. It was a FJ45 SWB, with a custom built body to mimic a 45 troopie. He built a custom hardtop for it too.

It has a turboed 2H, H55F, split case, FJ60 axles, Toyota cable lockers, factory PTO winch, SOA, OME springs.

Super cool truck!!!

Here's another picture of it.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Yup... Thats Darrells baby... Adam pretty much summed it up...Lots of cool toys... one of my favorite trucks of all time. Darrell is currently kicking it in the South (He is now a underwater welder)... The truck is in a top secret location...;)

I have a million pics of it in the shop and on the trail, if you have any specifics, just ask...:D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
dieselcruiserhead said:
You should post them on the internet :D
Nope.... I don't want to make top ten on his "Desert List" :D :D :D

Thats funny you remembered that...;)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Box Rocket said:
what's the "desert list"?
Due to the statue of limitations in this country, I am reluctant to post it online... ask me next time I see you...:D

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Darryl in many of his infamous quirks was not afraid to say "if you take pictures of my truck and put them on the Internet, I will kill you and bury you in the desert"

You better watch out Ben. Seriously!

You too Tolman!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
dieselcruiserhead said:
Darryl in many of his infamous quirks was not afraid to say "if you take pictures of my truck and put them on the Internet, I will kill you and bury you in the desert"

You better watch out Ben. Seriously!

You too Tolman!
So much for statue of limitations..... :D

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Another of his famous quirks was "this truck is such a fucking piece of shit," while he's working on your truck, right in front of you. And another was "blame it on the Mormons" :D

That's how I first met Kurt and ever since we've been friends. He said, "don't worry, Darryl does this with all of his customers." I was about to high tale it out of there but when he caught me taking pictures of it, I was worried that I might end up out in the desert. ;)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
dieselcruiserhead said:
Another of his famous quirks was "this truck is such a fucking piece of shit," while he's working on your truck, right in front of you. And another was "blame it on the Mormons" :D
Oh the memories..... I think I'm gonna' call him today... its been a couple weeks. :D :p

For those that know Darrell... he has always dreamed of becoming an underwater welder and it came true last year. He loves it! Its the perfect job for Darrell....:D

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oops. Damn. I guess I will be right next to ya in the desert boxrocket... Luckily I am using a code name...ya that's right I'm using a code name...and a code place....

Well, too bad for him that when I saw his truck way back when it *inspired* me....but too bad for me I'm already workin' on the 60 at the moment...

Thanks for the response guys and to Darryl, sorry I didn't know...bad-ass rig though...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
ninetimesnine said:
Oops. Damn. I guess I will be right next to ya in the desert boxrocket... ...
Darrell just like to play around... ;)

No worries dude!

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts