Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How thick are the body panels on a 76 cruiser? I'm gonna be doing all the body work over spring break and need to know what gauge sheetmetal I should get. Also, what size wire should I use for welding? I have a 110 with 4 settings. I'm getting the lowest setting with the lowest wire speed and maybe like .023? Does that sound right?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
my 70 model is thick. i'd say 16 guage is about right. you know when i can weld patch pannels in with my stick welder then it is thick! :eek:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
GET .023, MY LITTE 115V DOES GREAT ON SHEETMETAL WITH THE .023 IF YOUR GONNA BE DOING ALOT OF WORK ON THIS, AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT HAVING PROBLEMS WELDING IT, YOU MAY WAY TO EVEN GO TO STRAIGHT ARGON, IT'LL KEEP THE PUDDLE COOL FOR YOU. 75/25 SHOULD BE FINE THOUGH.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
GET .023, MY LITTE 115V DOES GREAT ON SHEETMETAL WITH THE .023 IF YOUR GONNA BE DOING ALOT OF WORK ON THIS, AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT HAVING PROBLEMS WELDING IT, YOU MAY WAY TO EVEN GO TO STRAIGHT ARGON, IT'LL KEEP THE PUDDLE COOL FOR YOU. 75/25 SHOULD BE FINE THOUGH.
Welder Geek....

Oh wait, thats cool... This dude really knows his welders, I can weld just fine and feel really confident on different materials, etc. But I wish I had a really firm knowlege about all aspects such as Fixxah does... mabey he should learn us all...:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
FAWKIN' UTARD! :flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts