Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am giving a 10% discount, on cryo work to, PBB members and vendors for this month.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Hey Dean, how much to get a set of spicer 60 u-joints cryoed? We had talked of the possible benefits to the joints, ya think it's worth it?

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
Dean send me some of your buisness cards sucka...
Still need to get the Hummer rimgs from you too :grinpimp:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tjguy. I would need to know what the weight is to give you a price on that. If you know what the wieght is, then look at my site and you will see a pricing schedule for axles, input/output shafts and you will be able to get a good idea.

Fred. 60 ujoints by themselfs will be fairly spendy. They weight in at 2lbs 6oz so 2 of them would be $24.125 for the 2 of them but I am willing to do the pair of them for $20. I think ujoints are one of the best things to do IMO.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can get them from TonyK at Rock Equipment so that way you don't have to ship them to me. Give him a call and just let me know so I can go get them since he is close by. I have a run to do on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
i have heard from people that aren't cyro gurus that automotive bearings can be a very good thing to cryo. I'd like some info on this from a pro, if you have ever done them. Also, any truth to the rumor that Mach III razors last like 6 months if cryo'd? Seems like it wouldnt cost much, they dont weigh jack... :D

j

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes bearings are a very good thing to cryo due to 2 things. First is they are most often made out of 52100 and that cryo's very well due to the high carbon content. Second is due to the heat effected zone from grinding them we can fix some of that so bearings will often last about 4 to 5 times as long. Razors due last alot longer for sure. I don't know if they will last you six months but they will for sure last much longer. I have some cheapies that I did that I give out as hand-outs and I have gotten feedback from people that they really like them. I use them and agree that they are very nice. They don't cost much due to size and weight but a pack of 5 will run you $2

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Hey Dean, I e-mailed Rock Equipment on a price but haven't heard back. If you want to so we can make the Tuesday batch, I can PayPal ya some cash for the joints, cryo, and shipping. Let me know.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I can pick them up and get the price but you will have to buy them from Tony because I don't have a resale license and don't want to get into the parts business. He was at a wheeling comp this past weekend so it might be a day or two until he gets back to you but I'll swing by and get them so they get done.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
66CJdean said:
. Razors due last alot longer for sure. I don't know if they will last you six months but they will for sure last much longer. I have some cheapies that I did that I give out as hand-outs and I have gotten feedback from people that they really like them. I use them and agree that they are very nice. They don't cost much due to size and weight but a pack of 5 will run you $2

Thats forkin cool! LOL

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Fred. I picked them up already so they will get done this week. Not sure if I will get them going soon enough to get them out on Friday or not so it might be Monday before they ship.

Funny thing the sceep is it was from reading some old tech bulliten I used to get that noted how much longer razors and panyhose lasted after bing treated that got sparked my interrest about cryo. I did alot more reserch and found out more about it and here I am. I do like my razors and my gal does say the panyhose do indeed last longer. Whodathought?

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Just PMed ya. I'm not in too big of a hurry so if they don't make it out this week, no prob. I have a buddy that might be contacting you about doing a set as well.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
freds40 said:
BTW, with shipping to 93704, how much for everything on your end? (minus the cost of the joints)
For cryo and shipping it will be $25.32

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
freds40 said:
If ya take PayPal, I'll send it ASAP
I take paypal. It is under [email protected] but I would rather just get a check so I don't loose the 3% but either is fine.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
If I make it $27 even will that work for ya? a money order is 4.75 and the gas so I figure this is easier if t still gets you covered.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts