Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in to CTM today and for the first time, saw Jack's 300m custom axles...WOW!
I was there to take him the two twisted axles I had just pulled out of my 60 and after seeing how easy it is to twist a spicer axle, I'm gonna figure out a way to get a set...
To Jack at CTM :beer: :beer: :beer: THOSE AXLES ARE BITCHIN!!!!!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
XJGPN2 said:
What are the applications and is there a ballpark price for these?
If you gotta ask.....You can't afford:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
desertCJ said:
Ya that really sucks...what's your point?:flipoff2: I don't see what that has to do with CTM axles.
Um just maybe if the axle or u-joint wouldn't have let go the damage wouldn't have occurd :idea:

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
desertCJ said:
Ya that really sucks...what's your point?:flipoff2: I don't see what that has to do with CTM axles.
broken u joint = broken yokes = broken ball joints................. and then your wheel falls off. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I spoke to Jack today. From what I gather, people are paying the premium for the new axles. Going out on a limb, but I thought I heard him say $2800 for all four front axles.....? :eek:

But if you're breaking 60 shafts, it'd be worth it. :D

Paul

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
If i had that kinda money i'd buy em and put them above the shop desk- holly shait - the must be real sweet - jacks stuff is nice:D

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My thought is this...if you're a competitor that likes the skinny pedal (like I do) you're gonna have a weak link in the spicer axles (i twisted splines on 2 at CalROCS)...yes, $3k is expensive, but imagine if a broken axle kept you from winning just one event or worse, a series. The big bucks then don't look so unaffordable.

As for those pictures of the broken front end from Chris...I have no clue who was driving that jeep when that stuff let go, but if I ever find em.....:D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
RedBullJeep said:
My thought is this...if you're a competitor that likes the skinny pedal (like I do) you're gonna have a weak link in the spicer axles (i twisted splines on 2 at CalROCS)...yes, $3k is expensive, but imagine if a broken axle kept you from winning just one event or worse, a series. The big bucks then don't look so unaffordable.

As for those pictures of the broken front end from Chris...I have no clue who was driving that jeep when that stuff let go, but if I ever find em.....:D

ummm dustin, i think that is off of becca's jeep on day 2...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts