Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a part number so I can replace the pwr steering pump on my blazer. It came off a military 5/4 ton military truck and a regular pump won't work because the CUCV pump/pulley has a tapered shaft with a key and a retaining nut. I want to use that pulley because its cast iron with 3 belt grooves.

Anybody ever replace a power steering pump on a CUCV? Whats the part #, where'd you get it?

(Yes I searched, but found nothing)

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
my cucv and all my buddies cucv's used a normal chevy power steering pump w/ a 2 groove pulley. i replaced mine from autozone w/one for a 1 ton chevy w/o the remote reservoir. i have no idea how to help you on what your describing

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you remember if the shaft on your pump was tapered with a retaining nut to hold the pulley on or was it the straight, interference fit, press on pulley?

Doesn't really matter, I got my local parts place to send my pump out to get rebuilt. He said he will try and get them to make it put out more pressure and volume. We will see if it makes any difference. Thanx.

Mark

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Its a normal press on fit. I have never seen the type of pump you are talking about. I have been around alot of CUCV's and all i have ever seen is your normal chevy P/S pump with 2 returns on the res. for the hydroboost. Wish i could help you more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.