Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I've got a 95 yj, pretty much stock underneath... 4" lift and 33s so only doing mild wheelin at the moment. Took her on a tail the other day and now something is weird with the steering. It feels really stiff under acceleration, but coasting it feels normal. Works fine while parked as well. Feels a little stiffer while cruising but gets really stiff and doesn't want to center when I get on the gas. I've spent a little time underneath looking around and everything is tight and appears undamaged. Where should I start here?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, plenty of fluid and a tight belt. Actually replaced the pump a couple months back... Steering seems unaffected when I'm sitting still even while revving the engine so I don't think I have slippage. Could something else be going on in the PS?? Its operating quietly and smoothly as far as I can tell and the fluid color and consistency seem good while hot and running.

·
Registered
18,529 Posts
Is it still in 4H?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummm.... no, its not in 4wd nor is the posi engaged. I'm beginning to suspect something is slipping, I tightened the crap out of the belt just to see if it made a difference and now I'm getting some chirping when I come off the gas suddenly (despite the super tight belt??). BTY, no serpentine here... I'm running a 350. Belt alignment looks good, newer belt, new pulley on the new pump, this is getting annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts