Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just completed my first run on the Con. :D

Had an excellent time!! I was wondering, I know that the trail is very dynamic and changes constantly with every vehicle that passes, but Big Sluice seemed extremely challenging. Is it in "typical" condition at this time or does it tend to become more "paved" after large events like Rubithon or the Jamboree's?? :confused:

·
Registered
436 Posts
So I just completed my first run on the Con. :D

Had an excellent time!! I was wondering, I know that the trail is very dynamic and changes constantly with every vehicle that passes, but Big Sluice seemed extremely challenging. Is it in "typical" condition at this time or does it tend to become more "paved" after large events like Rubithon or the Jamboree's?? :confused:
ive ran the rubithon run the last 3 years and you dont see too much paving with the toyota crowd. the jamboree ive heard has spotters that stack rocks for you. i guess it keeps the heaps from breaking.:laughing:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ran the trail from Wentworth Springs to Tahoe 10 days ago and I've never seen the trail in such "GOOD" condition..... Big Sluice was a piece of cake compared to years past.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
With the light winter the trail should not have changed as much as it can in years past. I remember taking 6 hours to get from Spider to Buck one year long ago. Big Sluice is just that, big.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the Rubicon have a light Winter?

With the light winter the trail should not have changed as much as it can in years past. I remember taking 6 hours to get from Spider to Buck one year long ago. Big Sluice is just that, big.
Did the Rubicon trail area have a light winter? We all thought just the opposite. Here in SLC Utah we got pounded with snow last winter. Almost record levels, and we are basically the next storm zone after Tahoe on the winter storm track.

We had a trip for the june 14th planned and we changed it based on this snow levels prediction. I am glad to hear that we can make it through, and I am excited to our trip next weekend.

Thanks,
Ian

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Big Sluice is a blast! probably the most exciting part of the trail. Any pictures on the condition of the trail?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts