Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious as to which custom axle makers the majority of the board members are using. I need to get custom inner made for a front D44 thats been narrowed on both sides. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Re: Re: custom axles

blk87K5 said:
[rant] Could we please remove this fawking word from the PBB vocab? The entire last year has been a bunch of posts that all say "Search":mad:

I would like more tech even if this means posting the same info over and over.[/rant]

Thanks for your support!;)

Edit: I forgot to post about the subject..dammit!. I had my custom length 60 inners done by Dutchman. Seem fine to me. They are just factory ones cut down though.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Re: Re: Re: custom axles

Scout Dude said:

[rant] Could we please remove this fawking word from the PBB vocab? The entire last year has been a bunch of posts that all say "Search":mad:

I would like more tech even if this means posting the same info over and over.[/rant]

Thanks for your support!;)

Edit: I forgot to post about the subject..dammit!. I had my custom length 60 inners done by Dutchman. Seem fine to me. They are just factory ones cut down though.
Scout Dude I am sorry I offended you with my post.

How about this:

Would you please use the search button instead of making another thread asking the same question that has been asked many times. There have been three threads about this exact subject in the past one or two weeks.

What else are you supposed to reply with if this topic has been covered numerous times?

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
What else are you supposed to reply with if this topic has been covered numerous times?
Nothing! Zip, nada. Help or shut-up imo. I'm backin' up the Scout Dude here. For the last year or so I have watched our "community" slip and slide downhill...from the trolls to the "mob mentality" bullies to those that think it's "hardcore" to belittle others. It pisses me off and I'm sick of it.

If you're going to be bothered to hit "reply" and type "search", how much more effort does it take to type "Checkout Moser or Dutchman"?

For that matter - the guys who open a thread, and then reply with "search"....why did you open the thread in the first place? Just with the intention of belittling someone?

To the topic.

Moser make a 1541m alloy D44 axle in any length. Your other options are to have a Spicer axle cut down, either locally or sourced from a place like Dutchman. Or buy a long blank from Warn and have someone cut it down, or find someone that does it as a package - I think Dut chman might. :D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
BillaVista, here you go.
How and why you "search" before you "post"

The absolute best way (and fastest) to get the tech info you want is to do a search. You get an immediate response and usually pages of threads to skim over for your answers. You read, read, read, and eventually you will discover the answer to your question *9 times out of 10*.

I do it. I do it for every tech question I have. When I need an answer I need it NOW because my junk is in pieces and I'm in greasy coveralls. I don't want to wait for people to reply to my thread - that sucks.

Another point to consider is that every time someone creates a thread and repeats an often asked question, it adds more crap to sift through when others search the same topic. The lazy threadstarter has now made it harder for the next guy to learn what he just did. That isn't really fair.

This is how you search. Take a few key phrases, then do a search for each phrase (or word) in the appropriate forum. Read some threads. When you search the 2nd and 3rd phrases keep an eye out for threads which show up repeatedly. This should give you a hint towards where you ought to be looking.

EXAMPLE:
My 89 Toyota 22RE pickup was running like crap last week. I noted these symptoms.....a) very poor idle, b) excessive gas consumption, c) unable to set base ignition timing (it jumped around), d) ECU gave me a code 51 during diagnostic mode.

First I searched "code 51" in Toy Tech. Then I searched "poor idle". From these 2 searches I was able to find enough posts which described similar symptoms that I figured out what was wrong - my TPS was shot. Another search for "TPS" gave me threads which confirmed my problem as a bad TPS.

I ran back out to my truck and hooked up a DMM to the TPS. Sure enough, it was wasted.

So I got my question answered without having to ask anyone. And faster, without being flamed for asking the 1,000-times-asked question either. That's why we always tell newbies to search before they post.
by Hef

Honestly, this should have been posted in the Newbie Gen 4x4 to begin with.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
larryboy said:

Here's an excellent example: tell them to search (preferably NOT) and post the pertinent data, hell even search for them. All these fawking "search" posts are fawking up the search database. Then when you really do need to search for something all you get is "search" with NO tech data.

I highly recommend dutchman.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
axles and searches

Thanks for the info guys. I've heard that Dutchmen and Currie both use Warn blanks but Currie is cheaper. I need to figure out what lengths I need, But I'll do a search to see if I can find out how they're measured.

As for searching, It's definitly more helpful to reply with info rather than being of NO help. Thanks to the helpful 4x4 crowd. You are the guys who'll stop and ask if a stuck or broken rig needs help. You gentleman give us a good name. Thanks again.

This site isn't always the easiest site to find info on. And I agree if you are going to reply with "search" at least include a good key word to search for or a post with relative info.

Anyway I'm going to SEARCH for how to measure axles.

Thanks again, helpful 4 wheelers, I'll call Currie on Tuesday.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
BillaVista, here you go
Oh - thanks.....ya self-righteous.......

It wasn't the validity of searching I was questioning, but the inane practice of replying with the word "search". Doing that, like you did, actually dissuades people from searching because all they get is the cocky responses of wannabes like you.

I've seen you post a bunch lately about "search" and "chit chat" and so on. Are you trying to be a cocky punk in hopes of impressing someone with your hardcore attitude?

Take your 61 postin' newbie ass back into the shadows and learn some more before you start critiquing me son.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
BillaVista said:

Oh - thanks.....ya self-righteous.......

It wasn't the validity of searching I was questioning, but the inane practice of replying with the word "search". Doing that, like you did, actually dissuades people from searching because all they get is the cocky responses of wannabes like you.

I've seen you post a bunch lately about "search" and "chit chat" and so on. Are you trying to be a cocky punk in hopes of impressing someone with your hardcore attitude?

Take your 61 postin' newbie ass back into the shadows and learn some more before you start critiquing me son.
Not trying to impress anyone. It is hard to impress any person on the internet because someone can be totally full of BS and you will never know it. Lots of people can type on a key board, not ever wheel, and have a pile of parts sitting in their back yard that will never run.

I reserached the same topic, and found all of the information to answer all of the aformentioned questions. I can't see why other people can't do the same. I had the same questions at first, but quickly answered them.

Just because I only have 61 posts, doesn't not take away any of the tech knowledge I posses. It only means that I have not been on this board long.

·
Registered
891 Posts
blk87K5 said:

Just because I only have 61 posts, doesn't not take away any of the tech knowledge I posses. It only means that I have not been on this board long.
Well then why not post the "tech knowledge you posses" :rolleyes:
Comm'on, "enlighten" us all.
You never seem to run out of things to say on chit-chat, according to a SEARCH under your username.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
There are people that know far more about some topics than I do. I read their responses and questions, attempting to learn. Chit Chat is a forum for entertainment and discussion of non 4x4 topics. Posting over there is just for fun. It doesn't count towards my post count, so what do you care?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.