Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it is me again. I am a poor white man on a beer budget with champaine tastes. I want to build a front bumper that i can put 2 whinches on since they are very cheap both rated at 2,000 LBS each. I want to put all this beer budget on a 1991 Isuzu p/u 4x4 stock at this point with the exception of 31x10.50x15 tires. Torsion bars are cranked not all the way yet cuz they are still stock. Any help, ideas,comments, and spell checking would be great! :beer:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
sanddawg said:
Yes it is me again. I am a poor white man on a beer budget with champaine tastes. I want to build a front bumper that i can put 2 whinches on since they are very cheap both rated at 2,000 LBS each. I want to put all this beer budget on a 1991 Isuzu p/u 4x4 stock at this point with the exception of 31x10.50x15 tires. Torsion bars are cranked not all the way yet cuz they are still stock. Any help, ideas,comments, and spell checking would be great! :beer:
the whole idea is bad, if anything geat a permenent magnet mile marker winch, not the best, but its alot better thatn what your suggesting, ive seen it for 399 or something like that. your idea is ok iv your pulling atv's out! :flipoff2:

·
Banned
7,672 Posts
Forget the winch and save for another truck in the mean time and enjoy what's left of this one while it lasts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hummm! man you guys can sure dog my little isuzu p/u 4x4. Sorry guys but i really like my little truck and beer budget. And thx for the ideas on the winches. I just keep telling all the other trucks that get stuck, I think i can! I think i can!.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
If you are looking for a low buck recovery option, I think you would be better off with a heavy duty come-along, rather than a 2000lb electric winch.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Twin tiny winch idea is a bad one :barf: But on a budget............
In the back of 4x4 rags U will find an ad for somthing caled the "More Power Puller" it is a SUPER heavy dutie come along, and it's THE BOMB!!!!!!!
I have had one for about 6years now and I still use it all the time, it has NEVER let me down. it's rated @ 4T and good for more than that. Goes for about $135 with the S&H.
A hi-lift jack makes a great winch as well, just make a recever in your'e bumper for it to slide into and be pined, and then put a strap on the lifting foot.
Harbor frieght runs specials on it's 8000# winch for about $320 from time to time.
Use at least 3/16 wall tube for your'e bumper. (I would go with 1/4" wall my self)
Hope that helps :grinpimp:

·
Registered
936 Posts
this is the best advice so far :flipoff2:

trkklr77 said:
cheaper yet buy a high-lift jack .

7,[email protected] $70 and a coulpe of straps or chains, and the added bonus of people will stop laughing at you!

dude, save your money and get a decent winch

if you run the setup your talking about, guys will give you alot of shit :flipoff2: and its fawkin gay :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Why does this remind me of that blue jean commercial on SNL years ago?

I think the name brand was "Bad Idea Jeans" :shaking:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow! I am likeing the responses better and better. I like the hi-lift idea, does anyone have a pic of the set up as i am not understanding just how it would work or mount up? Thx a lot for the responses, everyone has been so helpful!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts