Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
nice roach.
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this for real?

4 cyl 5 spd... this things gotta be a pig with all that extra weight...

Was this a factory option or somthing that somebody that was :smokin: dreamed up and built? Anybody know anything about it?

If this belongs in chit chat I will move it. :cool:

l8r

-j-rOd

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
I think this was brought up a couple months ago BUT yes they are for real. There are a dozen or so running around the Southern Oregon area and many more around the Portland metro area.

I think it was made by an aftermarket company that would add it on for you.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
There is a dually 1 ton toy in the town I live in that has a extra cab space like this one. I do not know if it was a factory option or not though.

·
nice roach.
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyofast said:
I think this was brought up a couple months ago BUT yes they are for real. There are a dozen or so running around the Southern Oregon area and many more around the Portland metro area.

I think it was made by an aftermarket company that would add it on for you.
Cool thanks man.... Damn I bet that thing has the breakover angle of a schoolbus. :D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
there is two i belive running around my home town, one of them is a 2wd every time it hits a dip in the road the whloe frame bounces for a while, looks like its gonna break in half.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Seen one running around here in TN - almost wrecked rubber-necking to get a good look at it on the road one day :p

·
nice roach.
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DRM said:
almost wrecked rubber-necking to get a good look at it :p
LOL Id prolly end up doing the same damn thing..... :p

These things must be as rare as hens teeth around here, Ive never seen anything like it. Thanks for the info fellas, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

·
Premium Member
22,080 Posts
It was a kit. My truck had one from the PO but he took it off at some point. Which means, my wall in the back is sheet metal welded in place.

You cut from the window straight down and they connect up via a rubber grommet (albeit a large one).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep i seen those here ,i believe they were built by Pathfinder or Rollalong in limited quantity. For obvious reasons ...lol

Driveshaft is a mile long too,most were not extra cabs i saw here ,but 4x4 made to look like 4runner type vehicle. Turning radius was 900 ft...lol

Pain to hoist with a single post hoist too.
Imagine wheeling that through a tight canyon .

Geez cant imagine what the frame stress would be racing across the desert omg...lol

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yes and actually they made them in the earlier body style as well. There is one running around my town. Its the 79-83 bodystyle, a 2wd "custom cab" and I think the things are uglier than hell!

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Too funny.... not more than an hour after I posted to this thread the other day, I was looking out from the office building at the road in front, and saw one of these conversions on a 2wd second generation Toy sitting at the stoplight out front :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts