Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the goin rate theses day for a custom internal cage. picked up a toyota stout so nothing off the self will fit. looking for a basic internal cage.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
about the same as buying the tools........maybe the tools are a bit more or less, but you get 2 important features getting the tools
#1 you always have the tools
#2 you will get all these people you hardly know that only call when they need something :shaking:calling you cause you have a bender.........oh #2 is not all that cool, lol:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
about the same as buying the tools........maybe the tools are a bit more or less, but you get 2 important features getting the tools
#1 you always have the tools
#2 you will get all these people you hardly know that only call when they need something :shaking:calling you cause you have a bender.........oh #2 is not all that cool, lol:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
i borrowed a bender to attempt and exo on my last truck ... needless to say after about 3 sticks of tube, a weekend, and frustation through the roof, i will be havin someone else doing this one. i dont have the patience and would rather wheel that spend a month tryin to get something that looks decent and will function.

dude buy a bender my ranger needs a cage
dont let girls drive and you wont have to worry about it

going to drive to nj hu:laughing:
stout is marinating in my parents driveway in california wait for me when i get finished with this project in nj

no i'll let him "store" it at my house till he gets back to ca :D
buyin a bender is going to blow the budget for the build

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
buyin a bender is going to blow the budget for the build
so will buying a cage then:(

my bender and die was less then a custom cage $609 shipped
std cage is what $400-500?

·
Registered
8,358 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PM tin bender or Flash, they are opening a shop(shameless advertising) They are gonna be working on the yota for me
i know a handful of people i can go to, just trying to get a price range so i can see if my planned budget is reasonable.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ask around at local race car fab places.

Like anyting else - you get what you pay for.

Also it depends on the number of bars etc.

If I was paying (and could afford it) Id try "Lucky".
Last I heard he worked out of 422 Motorsports over in Oaks PA.

There are also some "sport compact car" type shops South of ya - I think theres a place near Cherry Hill that does Subie Rally Cars.

A pure wild guess is $500-$1000 for a "basic" cage.
BTW - that means YOU strip the interior and trailer it in

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i guess i should add that all work will being performed in socal ... my stay in nj is temporary.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Ohh, I didn't forget the time.
Your time = no cash out of pocket
Someone else's time = $$$/hr

Your time probably fits in your budget better.
I dunno---I have done a # of cages for guys who could do it themselfs but I could do it alot faster.. It boils down to what your time is really worth...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts