Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will not be using my stock console in my 84 truck and the part that goes around the shifter and crawler is trashed anyway, so i was planning on building my own console.. anyone have any pics of how they did theirs..looking for ideas since i really can't figure out what i want...anyone know of cheap places to pic up new shifter boots

( flame suit on:) ) but at least i don't wanna make it out of plexiglass and put neons in the console:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I made my boots out of vinyl. cut the original for the pattern, and used all my home ec tech and sewed em up. :flipoff2:

Ill get a pic. They dont look bad just used the 4 existing screw holes. I am going to make another set out of some heavy duty leather for more dampening and durability when I put the duals in. and then just make a wooden frame to staple them to. and screw the frame down into the 4 holes. Simple and efficient.
Use my dash for buttons and stuff. In a pickup you need as much room between the seats as you can get. Thats why I put the buckets in in the first place.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
do a search. i just saw someone post some SWEET looking stainless ones that he and his dad (i think) built. i think he was interested in buyers to build them. it was nice.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
surlynkid said:
do a search. i just saw someone post some SWEET looking stainless ones that he and his dad (i think) built. i think he was interested in buyers to build them. it was nice.
thanks surlynkid, that was me.:D

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
soopatoy said:

thanks surlynkid, that was me.:D
got any pics of them then soopa??... i would like to build 1 out of stainless, but don't you have to TIG that stuff?? i can barely MIG, let alone TIG ;)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nevermind, my dumbass found the post
:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts