1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
I plan on using a flat pieace of stainless, killing the glove box and angling the speedo gas oil and temp towards the driver with a slight angle......................ltr

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

that is what i am thinking of too

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I will be building mine in a few weeks. I'm doing it out of 4'x1' 3/16 aluminum. I have a few pieces sitting around. I'm going to angle the gauges out and towards the driver a bit...Like avalance's

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
Quinn,
Since you have a few peices, build me one too, and I'll come pick it up along with my tube fenders, shock mounts and shocks.. :) You can throw it in free of charge :flipoff2: :D
Scott

·
Registered
22 Posts
custom dash

hi,this is not a complete dash replacement but i think it sure is a great upgrade.i was able to change all of gauges for autometer white face gauges (oil,fuel,temp.volt,clock) and my dash looks great.i retained glove box,upgrade took less than two hours. i used a kit found on e-bay.pictures,no cutting or drilling.
critterbill

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: custom dash

critter777 said:
hi,this is not a complete dash replacement but i think it sure is a great upgrade.i was able to change all of gauges for autometer white face gauges (oil,fuel,temp.volt,clock) and my dash looks great.i retained glove box,upgrade took less than two hours. i used a kit found on e-bay.pictures,no cutting or drilling.
critterbill
What are you talking about here???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Stainless looks really nice when done well, but I'd go against it, I had one in my CJ5, DAM that was hard to put a few extra holes in once it was up.

You've got a YJ right?
Personal I'd sawp out to a CJ dash and run autometer gauges...

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
I was thinking stainless to prevent bi metalic corrosion, but alummuim whould be much easier for me to get, should I even worry about the corrosion ?????????????? ..................ltr

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
That custom one looks sweet!!

You could make it yourself cutting the holes out with a rotozip or a dremel or a circlular saw since the gauges cover the edges...

But those ones sure are perfect!!

That's my next next mod - a custom YJ dash :)

Damn gauges cost $$

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
A guy in my club recently did this.....

You might like something like that. It was a custom job by Grady's in Sacramento... I know too far for you, but it looks like an awesome idea to copy for your application... :)

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
misfitcj said:
I was thinking stainless to prevent bi metalic corrosion, but alummuim whould be much easier for me to get, should I even worry about the corrosion ?????????????? ..................ltr
you mean electrolisys (sp?)? Use double sided tape to keep everything from moving around, and pop rivet or screw the dash material to whatever your supports are. You can also lay down a small bead of silicone, but I like the double sided tape better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
94YJGuy said:
ChevyGal - I like that! Looks sweet!
Ditto. That one is Badass and real functional. Those guages could not have been cheap.

Is the red space shuttle knob a winch control? WTF do you get one of them?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Capitol Jeepers Supply used to sell blank dash panels. I don't know if they still do. My brother did one in his CJ6 about three years ago.

Capitol Jeepers Supply

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
GEARSINMYHEAD said:

Ditto. That one is Badass and real functional. Those guages could not have been cheap.

Is the red space shuttle knob a winch control? WTF do you get one of them?
Dunno, I can ask him though. He actually just put the truck up for sale. The guages are all Autometer to the best of my knowledge, and yeah a few hundred (I wanna say about $400) bucks at least....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts