1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a
2wd
chevy 1500 silverado 98 / ext cab / vortec 5700 v8 sfi / 4 spd auto tranny /
Okay im wanting to turn this "beast" :p into a 4wd ..... ya .....
what will i need if possible?
transfer case =) / 4wd suspension / 4wd bearings / well 4wd front end =P
if so how much would it cost and please add what u think someone would pay for labor cause im not that good of a mechanic.... and should i go to a custom 4x4 garage to see if they can do it or can i go to a regular garage ?????? Ty for everyones help.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
FaToL said:
Okay I have a
2wd
chevy 1500 silverado 98 / ext cab / vortec 5700 v8 sfi / 4 spd auto tranny /
Okay im wanting to turn this "beast" :p into a 4wd ..... ya .....
what will i need if possible?
transfer case =) / 4wd suspension / 4wd bearings / well 4wd front end =P
if so how much would it cost and please add what u think someone would pay for labor cause im not that good of a mechanic.... and should i go to a custom 4x4 garage to see if they can do it or can i go to a regular garage ?????? Ty for everyones help.
Sell it and buy a 4x4. No joke. It would be cheaper. The front IFS is totally different in a 4x4, even the front of the frame is different. NOTHING swaps over, and you would need an assload of custom fabrication.

You could always do a SFA.... but thats pricey also. 6-10k easy. Your best bet is selling and starting from scratch.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It's an ugly expensive job for somebody who has his own shop and does all the work himself. Getting somebody else to do it, it will probly cost you as much as buying 2 4x4's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts