Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a rear driveshaft to replace the 3 bolt rotoflex I have. I'm swapping yota 80 series axles under there soon after I sort out a few minor set backs.

My options are either I can either get a custom rear made to fit the yota bolt pattern on the rear diff flange or I've heard of using a Range Rover's rear driveshaft. I can use my lathe and a drill press to make the rover stuff fit quite easily, but I'm not sure why the RR shaft is good/better than anyother, but could you enlighten me on why it's better and save me a few bucks? (I googled it first I promise :flipoff2:)

EDIT: for the rear of an LT230.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
One of the things I have learned about rovers is that there seem to be no hard and fast rules, hence many disclaimers on my part as absolutes don't seem to fit Rovers.:flipoff2:
Well you-know. They had to use up the pile of leftover parts they found 3 months after the change-over was supposed to happen.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I have the stock DII in front and right now a homemade rear driveshaft.

AFAIK, Rover never offered a 100" wheelbase truck with the Salisbury, hence I had to make my own. So far, it has worked well, but I wanted the DC in back as well. Now, I need to re-drill the rotor for my X-brake to accommodate the DII front output flange so I can use the DC shaft in back.

Dane! Did you receive my PM?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the stock DII in front and right now a homemade rear driveshaft.

AFAIK, Rover never offered a 100" wheelbase truck with the Salisbury, hence I had to make my own. So far, it has worked well, but I wanted the DC in back as well. Now, I need to re-drill the rotor for my X-brake to accommodate the DII front output flange so I can use the DC shaft in back.

Dane! Did you receive my PM?
I did PT, I'm still weighing out my options. I can get a custom (non dc) shaft made for pretty cheap if I order the parts myself.

Thanks,
Dane.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I have a D2 TC flange available.
This flange will not fit on the diff end, nor will it fit on the transfer case rear output without mods to the transfer case housing-and, the e-brake won't work any longer. To my knowledge, no one makes an off-the-shelf e-brake for a DII output flange on the rear of an LT-230. Enlighten me if I'm wrong please.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This flange will not fit on the diff end, nor will it fit on the transfer case rear output without mods to the transfer case housing-and, the e-brake won't work any longer. To my knowledge, no one makes an off-the-shelf e-brake for a DII output flange on the rear of an LT-230. Enlighten me if I'm wrong please.
Yeah I was thinking front.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts