Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share some pics -- Snorkel & Nose guard are DONE! I love vacation time :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another...

motor shot -- RamJet = snorkel ready

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another...

mount welded to window hinge -- wanted to be able to drop the glass without touching the snorkel...

all engine breathers are piped into the snorkel

at this point the breathers for trans, tcase & diffs will go somewhere in the cab... not sure I WANT them going into the snorkel.

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
Looks good, nice work. Good idea to have the windshield still fold down with the snorkel there. :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Re: another...

FredTheMonster said:
...all engine breathers are piped into the snorkel

at this point the breathers for trans, tcase & diffs will go somewhere in the cab... not sure I WANT them going into the snorkel.
Why would you not want to have them in the snorkel?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Re: another...

FredTheMonster said:
Good idea. vacuum in the gear boxes is bad, even if it is negligible.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Cruzilla said:
Who bent up your nose guard?
Something tells me he did, he seems to be pretty damn good with the fabrication.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you

Thanks for the compliment on the fabrication but... I could not justify buying a bender for just the nose guard (my Harbor Freight one would not make these bends) & the NW Cruiser club does not have one so I went to Metal Tech. -- Great kit & sweet prices!

Even scored a toy cruiser and some stickers as part of the order...

http://www.metaltechcage.com/

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
cheap & good idea

Cheap insurance for engine protection if you ask me... also helps protect the windowframe, hood (not all of it but most), radiator & a winch if you have one... Not many people have them but honestly I found myself hesitating when I was wheeling because I did not have one (that motor cost me some real COIN!) :D

And for about $60 to my door & about 3 hours work to finish & install... NO DOWNSIDE if you ask me!

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Metaltechs front hoop kit is BAD ASS!!!!

I imght be replacing my half assed try with one :)

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Jason M said:
Metaltechs front hoop kit is BAD ASS!!!!

I imght be replacing my half assed try with one :)
What......... and get rid of the unicorn/saddle rack/thing!!!!!!

That's your trademark??

Butch:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Wow, that is a sweet nose guard. I may have to look into it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the info.

I was going to make one myself or get someone in our club to help me out but for the money Mark is asking you can't go wrong. Not advertising for him... Just one happy cusotmer :D

These days I am surprised when someone is actually a pleasure to do business with -- & when they have a killer product at a good price -- I will definitely tell others!

http://www.metaltechcage.com/products_noseguard.htm

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fred, Did we talk a while back about this nose guard? I remember mentioning to somebody that I thought it would be a better design if there were struts going from the nose guard seen on the guy's website down to the front of the frame. Glad to see that your's has them. Did you add them or did you talk metaltech into doing it?
The latest on the Dawg is that it goes into the body shop soon to have the frame straightened after the rollover. After that The wife and I get to take out the engine to have it gone through before this year's racing season to just check things out.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Man, that is some nice work. :D Since I'm working on this same type of setup this will be a right click save as for sure...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank you

Bad Dawg,
Yes it was your and Brian's suggestion that pointed me to this design... I just used a hole saw to "drill" some tube in half which gave me 2 pipe ready halfs to fab this up. I was going to use bent tube to go down to front bumper but my bender just made them look silly - & I still am not sure what winch I am going with so I just put these in.

This nose guard protects the motor & radiator very well in a roll... some of the hood can get hit but I am not concerned with it.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts