Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this may be worth mentioning.

This cruiser head gets ahold of my number and needs some work done on his 3B.

He tells me a very disturbing story about a shopwho had his truck for two weeks. The cruiser head kept calling the shop and asking if the parts were in and when would his truck be ready to go?

The owner told him it was in the shop being worked on at this very moments. Two days later the guy goes down to the shop after not hearing back from the shop owner.

He pulled in and walked up to the shop door and found it locked, he could not see anyone in sight at 10 AM. He thought this was odd and even odder that his B60 was still sitting in the parking lot were he had left it originally.

This part is hard to believe, the cruiser head walks over the the bays and looks through the garage door windows and to his dissbelief he can see two pairs of boots sticking out from under a car!!!!!!!!!!!

The cruiser head goes back to his car and waited for some time until the owner came out, he knew they had to come out eventually.

How F-Up is that?

Got any good cruiser stories.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Is he the only guy in the shop? Maybe he locks the door when no one can watch the front? :confused: The local metal guy goes this, then you have to around back and in the thru the side door. Those that know him, know what to do, those that don't find someplace else to spend money. :laughing:

either way, sounds weird. Especially if they haven't worked on his rig yet.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
this customer didn't leave his rig at a tire ship in Texas did he?

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Customers Landcruiser story

RockinWagin said:

Depends. Same sex boots or not?
No it was the owner and employee hiding from the cruiser head, they must of saw him drive up and scurried under a car.

Rob

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My latest cruiser owner story is a bit of a shitty situation.

Cruiser head calls and asks if I would inspect a BJ42 he wants to purchase, so I gives her a once over and give it the thumbs down.

A week later he calls and tells me he purchased the junker, I was not impressed. He then asked if I could look at as it was blowing lots of black smoke under load with full throttle.

I was to bussy to really work on it so I threw in a set of new injectors and this did not cure his problem.

To busy to work on his truck he ended up a Andys Auto, they claim to know these diesels.

They talked him into rebuilding the engine, he called me for a rebuild kit and I sold him one. I had mentioned that the engine was very strong and burned no oil, why rebuild it?

5K later and the truck smokes like it did the day he came to me with it.

To boot the cruiser head is a super nice guy, a principal at a local school has programs for underprivialaged kids. Does the ocean kyaking thing and sets up camps.

On top of that the shop has had his BJ42 for 4 month!!!!!!

Rob

·
Registered
615 Posts
I thought the story was gonna end with the owner dead under the car which is why he hadn't heard back for 2 days....

I guess I just have a sick mind...

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Radd Cruisers said:

The owner told him it was in the shop being worked on at this very moments. Two days later the guy goes down to the shop after not hearing back from the shop owner.

Did the owner tell him,"I got five of my best guys on it right now.":confused:

:D :D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
woody said:
this customer didn't leave his rig at a tire ship in Texas did he?

:flipoff2:
Bugger off......
only wish I could lay under one and nap.......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
CruisD64 said:
I thought the story was gonna end with the owner dead under the car which is why he hadn't heard back for 2 days....

your not alone....thats what I expected as well

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I was expecting them dead too. I don't have any Cruiser shop horror stories really. The worse thing that ever happened when my Cruiser was at a shop was the guy decided I needed a warm air riser. That wasn't a bad idea, but he screwed up one of my spark plug wires and 50 miles down the road I had miss. Darn OBD 1 said it was an EGR. Took until night fall to figure it out. The reason it was in the shop is my frame rail mounted fuel pump froze up in the middle of North Dakota. It was only -40 when it froze up. Something like 80 below with windchill. A couple of cans of Heet could have prevented it probably. I couldn't get too upset with that shop as they did take me in after hours. Warmed up the Cruiser all night. Picked us up and dropped us off at a hotel and even stopped by a restaurant for us to get something to eat. And all of this was on the 23rd of December. The other alternative shops couldn't get us in until January 3rd.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
CruisD64 said:

I thought the same thing :eek:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ginericfj80 said:
I was expecting them dead too. I don't have any Cruiser shop horror stories really. The worse thing that ever happened when my Cruiser was at a shop was the guy decided I needed a warm air riser. That wasn't a bad idea, but he screwed up one of my spark plug wires and 50 miles down the road I had miss. Darn OBD 1 said it was an EGR. Took until night fall to figure it out. The reason it was in the shop is my frame rail mounted fuel pump froze up in the middle of North Dakota. It was only -40 when it froze up. Something like 80 below with windchill. A couple of cans of Heet could have prevented it probably. I couldn't get too upset with that shop as they did take me in after hours. Warmed up the Cruiser all night. Picked us up and dropped us off at a hotel and even stopped by a restaurant for us to get something to eat. And all of this was on the 23rd of December. The other alternative shops couldn't get us in until January 3rd.
They sound somewhat decent.

Rob

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh I forgot to mention the feet he had seen under the truck, well the guy had been murdered and decapetated. All the blood was drained out of his body and he was placed under the cruiser.

Is that a better ending?

I thought you would like that.

Rob

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
Is it just me, or was everyone else expecting to hear somthing interesting at the end of both those stories!;)

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
dog walker said:
Is it just me, or was everyone else expecting to hear somthing interesting at the end of both those stories!;)
Come awn:D

·
Registered
363 Posts
well, if you prefer this one: 12 years or so ago, my newly purchased LC ran like crap, and my dad took it to a local guy to work on the carb... no word for a while, so he calls back, turns out the guy blew his head off at work, and since he owned the place, not much else had been accomplished since then.. had to go and pick up the carb from the shop, since the owner wasn't about to deliver it..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts