Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good friend picked this up a few years ago and it has just been sitting out side. Instead of seeing it get sold off, I drug it home to build it for him when he can throw money at it on my free time . Wont be anything ground breaking on this build, just be taking stuff I have liked in other builds over the years and smashing it into this.

It was a chassis sitting on a rolling frame. Got it home and on jacks to cut what ever stock brackets where left on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The back of the frame is garbage, holes everywhere and unboxed. So I cut about a foot off and redid it so I had a good mounting point for the back cross/shackle mount brace.

Inbored hangers mounted

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
After installing toolbox guy hangers the body mounts where next. Really like the Hendrix mount but they will just get full of mud around here. Made them without holes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Did a back truss and plated over the diff.

At that point I was waiting for parts, so started messing with the grill. Cut up a 55 to fit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A friend made a run of adapters to mount a 300 of a dual case adapter. Ends up about a inch longer than the AA adapter.

Got it all in position to see how I wanted to mount it all up

Filled all the holes because it's just being used as a skid plate.

Raised it above the frame and mounted it flat.

Just enough for the exhaust to pass through

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The rock sliders on my rig are smashed up so bad that I can't open my doors anymore. Hopefully these ruff stuff tube reinforcments will slows that process down on this thing

Cleaned up the front and picked up some 3 inch spacers from am4x4.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wanted to do front range keyed arms but this was cheaper. Cut up a stock arm and ordered drilled and tapped blocks from 4lab. Was able to order custom rcv sooner by going this way.

Picked up a 8274 for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Shafts showed up so I was able to put the axle together and back under the rig.

Lock to lock with 4Ds. Will be nice to not be all over the leafs and keep the stock scrub.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is where I am with the build know, almost a year to get to this point. Will be a slow built I only get money every other month from my friend to throw at this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Pulled the wheels n tires from the doner rig so I could get it off the jacks and move it around when I need.

Some input on brakes would be great. Going to run wilwoods triple pedals and from searching I came up with these bore sizes.
5/8 front
7/8 rear
5/8 clutch

Would like to see if this will work or is a good starting point

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 20 of 51 Posts