Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were gonna get it streched got the motor in. now time to strech the wheel base.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there going to be the same just longer drop and further back ...i think about 16"

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Are you going to put the rear box back on it afterwards?
what are you using to add to the Frame, and where are you gonna cut the frame?
Are you getting longer to add a dual case setup or just to add some stability to it?
keep the pics and description comming, I wanna see how this pans out for you. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
HEY ITS THE ZUK FROM THE POST 35'S ON A SAMURAI WITH THE HUGE BODY LIFT.... GET RID OF THE BODY LIFT IN THE PROCESS OF STRETCHING (GHETTO) IS OUT THESE DAYS

KEEP THE PICS COMING:D :flipoff2:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
sorry guyes the body lift stays im not cuting ther fenders out to clear the tires.. tubes will be soon the frame first.the box will be going back on.and 2x4 tubeing will be what the frame is streached with.oh and by the way it only hasa 3"body lift...it is getting longer to get all the goodies back under the hood.

·
Registered
432 Posts
what engine are you running? that radiator looks just like the griffen i bought for my 4.3 zuk. got any close up pics of the radiator mount?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a 2.8 ford with a 4.3 ford van radiator held on with zipties at the moment....mow its back under the hood but i havent mounted the new radiator yet...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok the frame is streched 15" going to work on the new hangers next

·
Registered
172 Posts
you are going to put the tub back on? I'm just trying to figure your rationale on the cut and splice times 2 you are doing. What are you doing about the outward bend of the frame in the section where you cut? it looks like you cut out the gusseted piece of frame where it starts its outward bend, reasoning for the gusset.

I just cut mine at the rear frame crossmember. Buttweld ext, then gusset them. I can't see doing two buttwelds and the gusseting them both. I am trying to extend the frame without it looking like frame extensions....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i didnt cut any gussets but i wanted it cut in front to give me more room under the body. with the extra room im recessing a tool box under the floor.if it was cut at the end i wouldnt be able to get my box in it.you know all that stuff that takes up room in the back and makes the back seat crouded,will all be under the floor now.sounds kinda strange but you got to bear with me and youll see....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i made some but i got embarrased at what i did so those pics arnt here.when i welded the new spring hangers on the axil shifted on me and is to far backso i have to cut it out and redo it.ill get more done this weekend to show youall.as for the pics i post through montypics.com thanks guys for the intrest and illl keep you all posted

·
Registered
600 Posts
HOLY CRAP YOUR CAMERA TAKES PICTURES OF THE FUTURE..AUG-3-2003 WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i thought it was fucked up when i got it .3/8/2003 is stamped in the pic as 8/3/2003 kinda weird hugh

·
Registered
600 Posts
sweet just had to give ya some s#it since i am the only one who caught it on the board i was feeling kinda special
:flipoff2:
oh yea the body lift looks bigger since the glass pack hangs down thats what messed me up before it looked like a 5"er

1 - 20 of 50 Posts