Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Are you trying to weld the frame in w/ all the rear Dtrain, Gtank and such still hooked up? Wonder why it shifted?

Like Az said you need gussets over the buttwelds or a buddy w/ a full size to put your ass end in once it breaks off when you go over a speed bump at the mall.

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
oh and no i didnt weld it in with the drive train hooked up the frame was seperate what shifted was the spring mounts with the breeze shackles folded on me and i didnt notice it.and as for frame streching this isnt myu first i think i can handle a few gussets when i get ready as you can see there in now.

· Registered
2,798 Posts
Need more time

Robbie, I need to get rid of some of my Zuks so I can start streching mine. May have to build wife's Sami first. Like to be coiled and streched by Zooki-Melt. Hope to see you at Disney April 5th.

· Registered
82 Posts
4 door Zook would be sweet for sure.... But how can you tell thats a photoshop edit just by looking at it? I tried opening it up in Photoshop and couldn't really see anything that made me think it wasn't custom.... But I am far from an expert in photoshop...

-Ryan

· Registered
997 Posts
zukzilla4x4 said:
thats a good one for shure.but if you look at the shadows on it there the same on both doors dead give away.heres another
Hey, that's my quick and dirty chop. :)

In the picture of the black one you will see that the landscape in both door windows is identical except for the tower has been removed in one.

Also, the foreground clump of grass under the door and the gravel underneath each door is too regular/repeating.

Blur/dodge tool has been used for the clouds over the doors.

Plus a bunch of other stuff...

I'm not sure how practical that second set of doors will be. On one hand it is a pretty narrow opening - might only be good for kidlets. On the other with the way the door hinges work on a Sam you can really swing that puppy out of the way with a longer door strap and it can't be any worse than the production 3 door style pickup truck cabs that are out there.

Went out with the tape measure a few months ago to measure/appriximate the different panels munged together. The 4 door with a SWB rear tub would fit within the same length as a factory LWB. So in theory it is no worse than a factory LWB for proportion visually.

Still can't make up my mind if it looks goofy or not though... :)

[email protected]

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
ok guess its getin close this is probally all for a while.i got to work on the drive line for a meet in april hope to get it ready tell me what you think

· Registered
3,382 Posts
Hey, body work is coming along great, but please don't tell us you are going to use those rear spring mounts you have welded up, they look ummmm...... SCARY!!! It might just be me, but I would go out for some longer springs and build a mount under the lowest point of the frame... Theres a lot of side to side leverage on those things in the woods, not to mention snagging that stuff on a boulder... I tear up 1/4 box tubing plenty that is only 3" belox the frame...

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.