Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how much I have to cut off the tail shaft of a two 2w drive tranny to make it fit into my t-case fit

thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
95 Posts
there was a thread about this like a month or two ago. someone said it was possible, i say it depends. if your 2wd tranny had a long tailhousing(like from a 2wd truck) it is most likely not feasible. i looked into it- on a th350-np203 application the tail shaft barely extends past the end of the tranny, and with a long tailhouse the shafts is hella long and the splines end like 8 inches from the end of the transmission. now if your 2wd tranny has the short tailhousing, like maybe for a camaro, it might be possible, but i dont have anymore of those to look at. also, i only have worked with the 350/203 combo, so other transfer cases probably need longer output shafts. if you find something out let me know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info

I am getting a tranny for free today after school. A few people have told me it will work as long as you have the short tail shaft like 3 inches may be a 6 inch tail shaft will work but I am not shore:confused:. I will try and tell you how it comes out.

Stephen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts