Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will highlight some of the more creative aspects of any build I'm working on. Life has become too busy to host or maintain build threads for all projects I'm now working on, (plus I can't bill for it, lol. ) I will still continue to post in an OP's build thread, (or my own) but I felt this would be an easier way to put out what I turn out. Thanks for watching!

Many photos to come.

The new brain center... crazy... from no computer, to two and a cnc center for the 4x4 premier plasma table. Quickly trying to basically give myself an education in 2D and 3D cad, and cnc; via YouTube ...and interwebs...

Upcoming ultra 4 turn key build that has been shelved for a few years; now coming back to the fore front.

Recent sign I made for my cousin's 50th birthday, and a desktop stand for my accountant/ wife's employer.

Desk I built for my son for Christmas.

3DB crawler work

New chassis tag to be placed on customer work.

Matt
CutlerFab
Mobile- 336-401-2830
Shop- 336-755-1253
Email- [email protected]
Mount Airy NC 27030
Instagram- #cutlerfab
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

Brake booster mount and custom pedal for Sam Wingett's M&M Fab buggy.

First test cut on 1/4 p&o plate with the premier plasma and everlast 80s .

CutlerFab

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
And a little brolite race truck I built for Dylan wiles.

Dont forget that one time...Robbie Gordon said you had built a badass little truck...then drifted that sumbich!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to show my air tool rack I made. So nice to have them where I can easily get to them, rather than under the bench getting covered in dust...

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mrs Wingnut has requested cup holders to go with her dead pedal/ footrest on the #wingnutbuggy.

Much cardboard-aided-design must go down before the real CAD takes place...

CutlerFab

·
Registered
736 Posts
why don't you fiberglass some sections... like in those last few pics.. just lay your fiberglassing material, right over the top?

however I REALLY LIKE your welding.. it looks better than mine..

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Saying your workmanship is simply awesome, is an understatement. I really enjoy seeing what can be done with metal.

What material are you using for your templates in the last few pics? It looks thickish and I assume it can't just be paper.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why don't you fiberglass some sections... like in those last few pics.. just lay your fiberglassing material, right over the top?

however I REALLY LIKE your welding.. it looks better than mine..
I've never done glass before. But I don't think I would want it on the floor.

Bought the tools to do solid riveting... so there may be some of that in this floor's future.

what welding positioner is that? I like the sawhorse as well, slick.

Certiflat, weldtables.com

It's pretty neat, about $300, purchased the 3 and 4 jaw chucks from grizzly tools.

Seems like everyone has a magnetic brake but me. (drooling)

Sub'd
Just got it last Friday, second hand, lightly used.

Chatted with @adeuling about them. I was holding out for a hydraulic press brake, but I feel this ove will be valuable as well. Press brake soon though.

Saying your workmanship is simply awesome, is an understatement. I really enjoy seeing what can be done with metal.

What material are you using for your templates in the last few pics? It looks thickish and I assume it can't just be paper.
I buy it at arts and crafts stores, (hobby lobby, Michaels), about 3 bucks a sheet. It's back in the picture framing department with the matte paper. It's about the same thickness as 063 alum. And drill carefully, the clecos will hold it repeatedly.

Awesome welds indeed! :smokin:
Thank you! Always the student and still learning.

Matt

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Sneaky way of pimping your shit without a star!

:flipoff2:

I dig it. Lots of badass stuff on this one page. I want something done similar to the builder sign you made for your cousin. :grinpimp:

1 - 20 of 233 Posts