Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if there was a lot of people doing this? I have cut down my alloy usa stub shafts for my ford axle and I might have to cut all the way to where the snap ring sits. I am running teraflex drive flanges and I wanted to see if I could get away with running them without the snap rings for my trip this weekend?

·
Read Only
1,334 Posts
Thats what I did with mine, am not sure why they dont fit right, the only thing I notice is w/out the ring it is not pulling the stub all the way into the seal on the back of the hub so more stuff can get in

Also you can change the inner hub bearing race to a standard 60 carrier bearing race, this gets you another 1/8 inch offset. Some clear the ring just with doing this, I did it and still had to cut.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You need a good chopsaw, a thin disk, and a solid breaker to get through 35 spline chromo's.

Mine wouldnt do it.

I ended up using a thin zip on a 4" and cleaned up the rest with a flap.

If you dont have far to go, I would flap disk it all.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to go until it clears. :grinpimp:

So, will a cutting wheel on an angle grinder not work (I don't have a chop saw)? Any reason to use the flap wheel instead of the grinding wheel? I planned to clean it up with the flap wheel, but take the meat off with a grinding wheel......

I will take my time cutting it/grinding it to make sure it doesn't get to hot....

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I use a cutting wheel on my angle grinder all the time. I use sait cutting discs .035 thick, cuts like butter through those stubs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts