Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
http://www.northwestfab.com/blackbox.html

I run an NP205 and Klune-V. A black box and new process t-case would be lighter but I like the gear drive of the NP205 and it's strength. The balck box came out after I bought the Klune-V. Both are god units but he black box has an additional bearing over the Klune V and you do not have to adjsut the endplay.
Thank you very much for the link! That is a little more in my price range in the upcoming months...just something about crossing the $2000 dollar mark for one piece (even though in the end I won't want to look at receipts) but I'm sure you know what I mean :grinpimp:

How do you like your set up? I see you have 5.38 gears and a ZF with a crazy low ratio in 1st...but I do plan on upgrading to 5.13's and a similar motor (351 stroker or 460). Do you have good wheelspeed (burnout capability) haha, when in the sand and/or mud for instance?

Jon

·
Registered
746 Posts
Plenty of wheel spin if you need it in my rig with all the power and gearing choices. Lowlo is just for crawlin'. Low works better when you need to keep wheelspeed up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
im shedding some weight on this 91.

just going to be a bronco front clip and maybe bedsides, then tube the rest. its gonna be the lightest bronco in my backyard :D

as far as gearing choices, i run a 203/205 with a lowmax in the 205 in my other rig.... 6:1 is pretty awesome if the traction is there. 3:1 is a happy medium and 2:1 i use going from obstacle to obstacle. thats with an auto trans

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yea that's kind of my plan. I'm back-halving the rear (will be all tube and just skins). What are the rest of your plans? I'd be interested in seeing the finished product :D

On a side note, as long as the 203 is driver's drop (for a Ford D60) does it matter what the brand 205 one uses? I wouldn't imagine so, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
471 Posts
may i suggest the new process 205. i think any other brand would be extremely rare :flipoff2:

get the 203 and adaptor that bolts to your trans, you only use the range portion of it..... then you basically run a ford 205 for drivers drop. or a chevy 205 for pass drop.

my plans are......just a bronco front clip narrowed down about 2 feet. then tube the rest. keep it simple and cheap. only been at it about 2 weeks but heres a few pics

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t311/jackson76550/bronco/

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't thinking, just needed someone to smack me in the face :flipoff2:

I was going to keep it simple and cheap, but plans have changed. My plans are to 4 link the front and rear, mild 302 (for now), C6, 60/14 with Yukon 4340 shafts and to keep it low low to the ground, going for approx. 120" wheelbase with 44 TSL's or Boggers. I think I can still get everything done for around $8k :shaking:. I got the Bronco in a trade for a junk three wheeler, just picked up the axles and shafts and plan on steering or suspension next on my list. A friend and I will be doing all of the fab work.

We'll see what happens....:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Really I didn't know it was that heavy...the doubler will have to stay for awhile until I get bored with it and want more options. Are there any other options for a transfer case with good gearing/options that doesnt cost $2,500+ ?
I'm using a black box, http://northwestfab.com/blackbox.html and stock 205.

205 is 138 lbs and 13 inch long. Black box is 47 lbs and 7.25 long.

Stak 3 speed is 153 lbs and 13 inch long

So your 35 lbs over a Stak 3 speed, but have 4 speeds (1,2,2.7,5.4)
for 1600$. You will be 7" longer, but I am using the short C6 to get
back 3 inches of that.

That and if the complex part, the 205 blows up, I have 5 of them in the shed.

EDIT; just read all the posts after my reply suggesting the black box.
I don't have much doen on my build, but here's some pics of it stuck
between the C6/205 for mock up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts