Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I proceed from here? I thought the shaft and cv should pull out but it will not budge. Am I missing something obvious? I checked the Rave cd, but only 95 and up, mine is a 92.

I have the new CV, if only the old one would move...

flame suit on, I guess this is pretty newbie.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
You need to remove the stub axle. To do this, hit it with a hammer.

-Jeff

Edit: Im not so sure yours is a 92. When they went to ABS thet stopped using the fuse axle type and went to a more traditional drive flange. The other problem is that in 88-89 is the cv went from a 23 spline inner to a 32 spline inner. I guess you'll find out soon enough whats in there.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
JSBriggs said:
You need to remove the stub axle. To do this, GENTLY hit it with a hammer.

-Jeff
Fixed it.

Also, were there Hunter models in '92 W/O ABS? Might explain the anachronistic setup.

Peace,
PT

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, the hammer was the trick, whoever owned the truck previously used some hellacious gasket stuff, it just did not want to let go. All is back together, seems fine now.
As for the 92 part, I thought the same thing when I bought it. The VIN shows it as a 92, but it has no ABS, etc.. The CV that went in was out of a 91 Range, so who knows? 10 spline, but not the newer set up. It does not have the seat memory like the 92s either, not that I give a crap. Less is better, happy not to have the ABS. Maybe it is a mongrel..
Also no heated seats, dimmingrear view mirror, etc all the things commonly listed on a 92 County. Maybe I should dig around on the VIN, see if it was chopped up, but some things are from the 92. Cigarette lighter is on the right not the left, whatever. It is so ugly I just have to keep it, now if I can just sell the TJ I will have some more money for parts.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
PTSchram said:
Fixed it.

Also, were there Hunter models in '92 W/O ABS? Might explain the anachronistic setup.

Peace,
PT
forgot about the hunter, but the discoweb comment sent me searching.

This is his sig
Dweb said:
99 D II, 92RRC County, getting loved up a bit
98 Jeep TJ for sale
Drive what you like, just try to keep up please.
Oh and I use a dead blow, and smack the crap out of it!

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JSBriggs said:
forgot about the hunter, but the discoweb comment sent me searching.

This is his sig

Oh and I use a dead blow, and smack the crap out of it!

-Jeff
is that a love or hate the sig? One of those you had to be there things.
My Jeep friends cannot figure why I would sell the TJ and lift the Range Rover, cut up the body, etc.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Sig: not good or bad, but descriptive! It said you have a 92 County, not a Hunter.

As for wheeling in a RR, leather and A/C are nice on hot and dusty trails.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gotcha- the truck is a mystery to several who have seen it. I am headed to the MAR near us again this year, hoping some LR freaks can sort it out. I am curious about all the mixed up parts.
Oh, and yea, after 4 years in the Jeep, leather and AC were a nice change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts