Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 85 4 runner with dual cases,allpro 5 inch springs and longer shackles...do I need a CV in the front?...how about the rear??..any help would be cool...

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,010 Posts
Definately don't need it in the front, you *may* find you need it in the rear...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hey!

Call Jesse at High Angle Driveline!
You can check him out at his link at the top of the page.

I'm running Jesse's shaft's w/ CV's front and rear using the All Pro SAS, 56" rears and Marlin Crawler. Zero vib's on the rear, front's good to about 45 or so. He gave me over $130.00 in credit for shipping him both the old shafts, and his turn around time was really quick, less than a week in both cases.
Some guy's don't run front CV's, but I live in snow country, and wanted to be able to drive above a crawl on highways durning bad weather.

Later!

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,010 Posts
Originally posted by crawler#976:
<STRONG>Some guy's don't run front CV's, but I live in snow country, and wanted to be able to drive above a crawl on highways durning bad weather.</STRONG>
I can run 55 mph in 4wd without a front CV - never had a problem.

With dual cases and about 4-5" of lift you should have a 33" or longer front driveshaft. There is absolutely no reason you need a front CV on there.

When talking to Tom Woods - he said the same thing, it was just not necessary with the angles and length involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts