Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my front drive shaft for the first time since I have installed my dual transfer cases. There is only 1/8 inch of clearance between the CV joint and the bottom passenger side bolt boss on the Marlin adapter. Is this enough? Do I need to grind the boss down so that there is more clearance? Anyone run into this before? The other question I have is the location of the traction bar. If I mount it so that it sits directly on top of the diff and then mount it to the center of the crossmember, the clearance on the drive shaft is very small. If I use a 3" shackle at the front then the drive shaft clearance is about 2". Is that enough for drive shaft clearance when both rear springs are compressed? Will the traction bar still clear the gas tank when the left rear tire is compressed up and the right rear tire is hanging down? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just moving this back to the top? For those that have a marlin adapter, how much space is there between the center ring of the CV joint and the adapter?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I put mine on the driver side of the rear diff, using a shackle at the crossmember that goes up. The lower mount on the axle pushes into the axle tube, while the upper mount on the axle is about four inches above the axle tube. This setup worked great until both of the rod ends at the axle eventually split open. They were cheap Summit rod ends.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, I was just about to buy the cheaper rod ends. I'll spend the extra bucks now and get the higher priced ones. I had wanted to build one with a 3 point mounting system, like was on this board some months ago. But with the closeness of the gas tank I had decided to move to the driver side. Do you have any pictures of your setup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts