Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find it ironic that as a society, the us is punishing tobacco users while giving pot users a pass?

Hint: breathing fumes from anything that is on fire introduces carcinogens to your lungs.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
The us federal stance is that pot is illegal and tobacco is legal

They are giving tobacco a pass, as much as they can control nature and all.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts

Call me Kreskin. MJ will be fully legal soon, and regulated so they can tax it. Just like cigs. ANoyone who believes in the .gov just think about that. Cigs accomplish zero other than a slight buzz, and cancer. However the .gov allows them. Gee, I wonder why?

·
Premium Member
9,587 Posts
I don't care what you want to smoke, who you want to poke. I don't care what you want to shoot or how many bullets you can have.
I just want people to mind their own business and leave me the fawk alone if I'm not fucking up thier shit.

·
Registered
18,529 Posts
I don't care what you want to smoke, who you want to poke. I don't care what you want to shoot or how many bullets you can have.
I just want people to mind their own business and leave me the fawk alone if I'm not fucking up there shit.
.................................. ^

.................................. v

·
Hophead
77,611 Posts
I just want people to mind their own business and leave me the fawk alone if I'm not fucking up there shit.
I need that on a t-shirt

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
ejlarson:23884658 said:

Call me Kreskin. MJ will be fully legal soon, and regulated so they can tax it. Just like cigs. ANoyone who believes in the .gov just think about that. Cigs accomplish zero other than a slight buzz, and cancer. However the .gov allows them. Gee, I wonder why?
Kreskin.

·
Premium Member
69,483 Posts
Does anyone else find it ironic that as a society, the us is punishing tobacco users while giving pot users a pass?

Hint: breathing fumes from anything that is on fire introduces carcinogens to your lungs.
No, I find it ironic that the FDA seems to be fighting the innovation of vaping.:smokin:

·
Hophead
77,611 Posts
ironicaly this country was practically founded on tobacco money and is still to this day the primary income of the fed gov via tax rev. if cig/gars/pipe/tabac was band out right this country would be bankrupt with in a week.

we are tied to tobacco harder than we are to oil.
Glad someone got my vague point :)

FDA is in charge of legalizing tobacco, but spends money advertising against it

·
Registered
10,544 Posts

I love watching old movies. Tobacco smoke and booze everywhere. I don't smoke or drink, but I love the freedom that used to exist.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
ironicaly this country was practically founded on tobacco money and is still to this day the primary income of the fed gov via tax rev. if cig/gars/pipe/tabac was band out right this country would be bankrupt with in a week.
Newsflash: This nation has been bankrupt for many decades. We just refuse to notice it.

·
Premium Member
108,054 Posts
Glad someone got my vague point :)

FDA is in charge of legalizing tobacco, but spends money advertising against it
FDA didn't legalise it. It was already legal. IMO, the blame for it's legality falls on Congress, the holder of the FDA's pursestrings.

·
Premium Member
69,483 Posts
I love watching old movies. Tobacco smoke and booze everywhere. I don't smoke or drink, but I love the freedom that used to exist.
It was a fine time to enter the workforce (1968). Smoke at your desk, drinks after work, dollar shots at the bar.

I miss my all-to-brief mis-spent yooth, but I'm making up for it in my old age.:grinpimp:

^^Reminds me of clubbin' in Malibu.:massey:

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts

we are tied to tobacco harder than we are to oil.
Any link to back up these claims? Not the bankruptcy part (because we are), the tax dependency part.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts