Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
I think it is Ironic they tax the snot out of tobacco to pay for kids health care, now CVS has stopped selling and is going to punish people who use any other pharmacy that hasn't jumped on the PC band wagon.

·
Registered
24,326 Posts
I think it is Ironic they tax the snot out of tobacco to pay for kids health care, now CVS has stopped selling and is going to punish people who use any other pharmacy that hasn't jumped on the PC band wagon.
Ironic...... it is fucking crap..... don't tell me this wasn't a back door to an upcharge that will make CVS more money.... maybe if i was a share holder i wouldn't be pissed lol

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Saw the commercial yesterday while at the gym, ironic that "oh its for your health" when they have a large line of CVS brand fatassedness in bags.

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
OTC and Rx drugs keep 10000x as many people alive as they kill. How many tobacco products keep people alive?
(old post I know) I know of one tobacco product that saves lives every year- long cut wintergreen Redseal. It saved my supervisors life last week... no bullshit. I had planned to peel his face off with my hands, wad it up into a ball, and stuff it into his mouth in a manner that would have him asphyxiate on it slowly. Instead, with trembling hands, I grabbed a pinch and gathered my wits... and decided it wasn't worth the prison time all while being bathed in the warm opiate-like happiness of flavored nicotine.

If we as a country are going to spank people into healthy choices "for the kids" via penalty taxes then fuck it- lets do it right. Tax soda @ 25cents per ounce and a 150% flat tax on fast food.

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
(old post I know) I know of one tobacco product that saves lives every year- long cut wintergreen Redseal. It saved my supervisors life last week... no bullshit. I had planned to peel his face off with my hands, wad it up into a ball, and stuff it into his mouth in a manner that would have him asphyxiate on it slowly. Instead, with trembling hands, I grabbed a pinch and gathered my wits... and decided it wasn't worth the prison time all while being bathed in the warm opiate-like happiness of flavored nicotine.

If we as a country are going to spank people into healthy choices "for the kids" via penalty taxes then fuck it- lets do it right. Tax soda @ 25cents per ounce and a 150% flat tax on fast food.
:laughing: Been there many times...

As for the later, we need to remove all such items from being purchased on EBT cards as well. If they want the junk, they need to pay for it.

·
Registered
19,420 Posts
:laughing::laughing:

61 - 69 of 69 Posts