Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 40 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Pure beef right there! Fusion 4x4 kingpin 60. Specs: 70.5” WMS, 5.38 gears, ARB, Chromo 35 spline shafts, knuckles keyed and six ARP studs for high steer, big brakes, pinion angle, caster, and diff location all custom to my specs.

Anyone looking for an axle, give these guys a call. Dan and the team are great. My matching rear 60 is coming soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Boat sides built from 16ga and tacked in, B pillar repair panels built, new drivers floor pan, new rear corner, drop down tailgate in. Still need to do raised rear wheel wells and finish weld. Then onto rear doors.

The boatsides will have 2x2 square in the pocket that a step will be built off of and tubing tying to rest of tube chassis. It also will have cage bolting to it allowing everything to be tied together.

·
Registered
344 Posts
twice in the first few posts, I said to myself "muthfuckle, why didn't i think of that?" awesome jigging idea!

subbed for updates!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
CYJ8 "Scrambled" build

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-hardcore-tech/1990722-simple-cj-build.html

Looks great. What are your plans for rear seat clearances? I did a 50” PRP bench seat and had to get creative with the axle clearance around the seat. What track width are you shooting for? I did a similar build a few years ago, link is above.

Looks good. How much did you stretch yours? It looks like I’m more body stretch, and pushing my front axle not as far forward as yours. I’m a 24” stretch and looking at a 118”WB. From my measurements I think I can fit a 53” PRP bench. My axles are 70.5” WMS, and looking at an 84” track width.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Got the engine harness and computer back today from S&S Performance from being converted to stand alone. EGR, second set of O2, etc deleted. Computer is programmed for gearing, trans, etc... everything is clearly labeled and can’t beat the price on this route.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Looks good. How much did you stretch yours? It looks like I’m more body stretch, and pushing my front axle not as far forward as yours. I’m a 24” stretch and looking at a 118”WB. From my measurements I think I can fit a 53” PRP bench. My axles are 70.5” WMS, and looking at an 84” track width.
I ended up with pretty much the same measurements. 118 wb, 84.5” track width, and 50” prp. I made the rear as tight as possible and ended up with about 4” up travel before the tires rub the inner well I made the inner wells tight to the seat and are just 1/8”plate, not tubing there. Mine is super low to be on 40s so with a higher ride height I could get a narrower track width. I was able to get mine a lot lower by not running a truss on the rear axle and running the lower links parallel. Not sure on the tub stretch since I cut it off at the doors and tubed the rest, I wo7ld guess about 20”. It’s just skinned to look like a jeep tub.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Love your concept I’ll be following along as well. The suicide doors sound like a great idea. I’m shooting to squeeze a 56” bench between the tub rails as I measure 55-1/2” between the tub and hope to have the bench far enough in front of the rear axle to clear along with 2” spacers on the full width axles....we shall see.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Love your concept I’ll be following along as well. The suicide doors sound like a great idea. I’m shooting to squeeze a 56” bench between the tub rails as I measure 55-1/2” between the tub and hope to have the bench far enough in front of the rear axle to clear along with 2” spacers on the full width axles....we shall see.
Wow, that’s crazy wide. 54” seems to be about the max I can fit.

Just bring them out to the shop and work um real hard. They'll sweat the sick out.

Made my kids afraid to get sick.:flipoff2:
I wish, oldest is three with twin 6 month olds. The three year old loves getting out to the shop though.

It's been said already, but really cool out of the box build. Certainly not cutting any corners on the process or the parts list!

Looking forward to more progress.

Thanks. Just been working on finish welding body panels lately.

21 - 40 of 164 Posts